• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dash pad correct color?

gtcs1

Hi,

What is the correct dash pad colors used in cars? What is matched with the color code of the car?

My car trim code is nugget gold. What color should be the pad. It is black in mine, and as far as I can tell, it is the original pad of the car.

Is this correct, or could it have been replaced over the years?

Anybody with a nugget gold interior out there?

somethingspecial

Highland Green?

My Car is Highland Green with the Ivy Gold interior. The dash pad is Dark Green, and the carpet is Dark green. The Dash pad is not available in Dark Green, so I have to dye it. Are you sure your dash pad is Black. The dark Green is so dark, and after years of sun, it takes on a darker almost black appearance. It might be Dark Green. If it is, and if you need it, let me know and I can send you the dye formula. My dash trim, the one between the dash pad and the windshield is painted dark green to match the dash pad. Good Luck. Mike

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

somethingspecial said:
My Car is Highland Green with the Ivy Gold interior. The dash pad is Dark Green, and the carpet is Dark green. The Dash pad is not available in Dark Green, so I have to dye it. Are you sure your dash pad is Black. The dark Green is so dark, and after years of sun, it takes on a darker almost black appearance. It might be Dark Green. If it is, and if you need it, let me know and I can send you the dye formula. My dash trim, the one between the dash pad and the windshield is painted dark green to match the dash pad. Good Luck. Mike

I looked again. It looks pretty dark (black). I doubt that it would be green in my case.

The fit between this black color and the gold color in this area (ex. pillar) is very nice. That's why I wonder if it could indeed have been original. Me too my carpet color is dark green.

Any others with gold nugget interior?

One thing that could be very nice to build is a excel file with all the interior trim and accesories color/material code. It exist in books but only for the trim and ulphostery type. Nothing that tells the available color combination of carpet, dash pad, package tray, headliner.

hicountrybob

gtcs1 said:
I looked again. It looks pretty dark (black). I doubt that it would be green in my case.

The fit between this black color and the gold color in this area (ex. pillar) is very nice. That's why I wonder if it could indeed have been original. Me too my carpet color is dark green.

Any others with gold nugget interior?

One thing that could be very nice to build is a excel file with all the interior trim and accesories color/material code. It exist in books but only for the trim and ulphostery type. Nothing that tells the available color combination of carpet, dash pad, package tray, headliner.
I have a '68 HCS in Highland Green exterior and standard Gold Nugget interior. My dash pad was dark, "I mean DARK", brown and original, I'm sure. So, I took the whole pad to the paint store for a color match and they took a color match from one of the bottom sections where the sun and other elements were not as present. They spray bombed (canned) it for me and sold me a can of vinyl prep and I was in business. My floor carpet was like a medium ivy gold. Hope this helps you. HC Bob here.