• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New GT/CS Matchbox?

Mustanger

Attachments

• matchbox_GTCS.jpg
    matchbox_GTCS.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 57

nates68

If you check your local walmart these cars sell for .78 new rollback price.We all can buy some for that price.

Nates68

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Nate, have you seen these at Walmart?

747Driver

Mike: Does that not look like Brittany Blue with black strips? Quite ironic! I might need to buy a whole case of them! The real one is pretty close to being trailer-able to bring it home finally...took some perseverance just to get the seized brakes loose. I'll be in touch to get you that original headlight.
Josh

somethingspecial

Mike: Does that not look like Brittany Blue with black strips? Quite ironic! I might need to buy a whole case of them! The real one is pretty close to being trailer-able to bring it home finally...took some perseverance just to get the seized brakes loose. I'll be in touch to get you that original headlight.
Josh

Thanks Josh, Let me know if you need any help. I am open thur, fri, sat. each week. Mike

tworings

If you check your local walmart these cars sell for .78 new rollback price.We all can buy some for that price.

Nates68

Has anyone actually seen these in a store yet? I've been to two Walmarts with no luck... ~tworings

hicountrybob

Has anyone actually seen these in a store yet? I've been to two Walmarts with no luck... ~tworings
I've been to the Walmart here in my area for the past 2 weeks with no luck. I was told by an employee that we know, that the best time to come in is Wed am, Friday am and Sunday am 'cause these are the mornings after the night crews stock the shelves. She also said that the collectors are in there early EVERY a.m. I told her that there have been 20 some odd J hooks empty for some 2 weeks. She said that ordering of goods is done by noting sales off the registers up front. She also said that these cars etc. are sent loose in open crates and that they are not ordered by proof of purchase numbers ie.such as the following 0 27084 94427 3 or the likeness to this setup. I have found our HCS cars on ebay, one seller overseas and one seller here in COLORADO, pricing being $4 bucks or so plus shipping, which I'm going to keep in mind for the 4 cars that i wish to have SOON. Good luck, and if I can score a bunch, then I'll post them. Please keep us in mind if any of you have any luck getting them, also. Thanks, Hicountry Bob Teets here.

Midnight Special

...I hit four Walmarts (pre-dawn) in West Sacramento and Roseville, CA last Sunday after taking a relative to the airport with no luck on the GT/CSs... I did score some '70 Machs to go with my prototype, however :) Otherwise, Ebay seems most reliable right now if you don't mind paying $5 to $8. Not too bad as it will ultimately cost you a hell of a lot more in gas to keep running to Walmart for that .98 cent'er...

Attachments

• 0467a.jpg
    0467a.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 39

BroadwayBlue

I picked up a few on eBay on a "Make an Offer" auction.
Paid more than I would at Walmart but saves me a lot of time heading to the stores. With shipping paid less than $5 each.

They're pretty cool, coloring being matchbox isn't with a lot of detail
but nice.

Will keep my eye out at the stores whenever I do get there :cool:

nates68

Did anybody find these yet at Walmart? Iv only found 2 so far for .78 cents.

nates68

Diesel Donna

I found mine at the Pomona swap meet. He was asking 8 bucks but I got them for 5.
A little gouging there but I hadn't had any luck at the stores.