CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/28/2006, 05:33 PM   #1
imported_tree
My Car Details

A thing of beauty.

car show blues

Well guys and gals. just finished my first car show of the year. did not get a sniff from the judges. lots of great conments for the car. lost out to a 1969 mach-1 and 69 camaro both done to the 10s.Met a lot of good car people,and a lot of people who have never seen a gt/cs. included are some photos of the show. have to get john to transfer then over to this thread. still cant srink these photos!!!!!!!!This show was very small only 70-80 car and trucks. had a great time and the next one is in the first week in june,200-300 vehicles.
imported_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2006, 09:16 PM   #2
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Here are the photos. Sorry you didn't come away with a trophy, but looks like you had pretty decent competition. Good luck next time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 001.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1927   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 002.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1928   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 003.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1929  

Name:	car show 004.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1930   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 005.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1931   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 006.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1932  

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2006, 09:16 PM   #3
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
And a few more:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	car show 007.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1935   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 008.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1936   Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 009.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1937  

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2006, 09:27 PM   #4
imported_tree
My Car Details

A thing of beauty.

car show blues

Thanks again jon for the help to post these photos. sooner or later i will learn how to operate this computer. terry..p/s the red camaro in the picture cost my friend 0ver $47.000.00 to restore from the ground up.
imported_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2006, 12:18 AM   #5
still looking for one

Just because you didn't win a "trophy" doesn't mean you have a damn fine car...

remember that

Jim

current - 1967 Mercury Cougar, 44k
1991 Mercedes Benz 560SEC AMG, 198k
1995 Mercedes Benz E420, 160k
2013 BMW 535i, M-Sport, 9k
still looking for one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2006, 07:00 AM   #6
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by still looking for one
Just because you didn't win a "trophy" doesn't mean you have a damn fine car...

remember that

Jim
How true

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2006, 08:53 AM   #7
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
I agree. You have a very nice car. And, as stated before, who knows what the judges are thinking. At some shows, they don't even look at the car and the next one you go to, it will win best of show. Keep your head up and keep showing the car!!

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2006, 08:13 PM   #8
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
I agree on the judges and will give you two examples. I went to one show where everyone was going nuts over my car. The car next to me was a plain jane camaro that people were just glancing at. The judge got up at the awards ceremony and announced that he really liked black cars and the only car in "X" class that was black was the '69 Camaro so he won. Just went to a show two weekends ago and the two judges were skipping all the cars except the chevy's, not even looking at them. In my area, that sort of thing is real common, which is why I don't bother hitting very many shows.
Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2006, 08:23 PM   #9
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
The area I live in, the judges are partial to the "Pillars of the Community" type people who have cars in the shows.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2006, 09:08 AM   #10
PFSlim
My Car Details

My Garage
Rhonda and Steve are exactly right. Let me provide two or three more examples:

Last year, we went to two different shows. Our car had scored 2nd's and 1st's at every car show. At both of these shows, the crowd had gathered around the car. One was participant judged. In that one, we did not even take 3rd place. Found out later that the local club took 1st/2nd/3rd in each year catagory. Since my club was not a local club, it did not place. I could not explain it since I was sure folks voted for my car for as much looking and talking they did about it.

In the other show, there were about 25 cars in our class. They were giving out 1st/2nd/3rd trophies. I felt like we were in the money as far as the cars that were there. My son and I stayed next to the car all day. The show had judges and never did we see one judge come by and look at the car. We did not place. The 1st place went to a 69 that really needed work but was the son of the man who donates all the money to put on the show. 2nd was a pretty nice car. 3rd place went to a older Midget that was dripping old so bad in and around the motor that the car was on fire when they shut the thing off. No body work at all.

Then, the next show we go to we win "Best of Show".

I believe you have to go to each show to tell the story about your car. I take the car to shows to let my 12 year old son enjoy the glory of the car. If we place, great. If we don't, we still had an experience together that he feels like the car was his - if only for a few hours.

Paul

1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
Old 05/31/2006, 12:25 PM   #11
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Before I even started showing my CS, a friend of mine made a simple quote to me that has always stayed with me - "If you show the car for trophies and plaques only, you will die a thousand deaths". Besides, I look at it this way - I don't need someone to give me a plaque or trophy to tell me what I have, I already know. The important thing is that you enjoy the car and keep showing it.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2006, 12:36 PM   #12
PFSlim
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gt390
Before I even started showing my CS, a friend of mine made a simple quote to me that has always stayed with me - "If you show the car for trophies and plaques only, you will die a thousand deaths". Besides, I look at it this way - I don't need someone to give me a plaque or trophy to tell me what I have, I already know. The important thing is that you enjoy the car and keep showing it.

Don

Agreed!! That is the best I have heard!!

Paul

Old 05/31/2006, 02:13 PM   #13
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Quote:
Besides, I look at it this way - I don't need someone to give me a plaque or trophy to tell me what I have, I already know.
I came to this conclusion recently. I have been put off on local car shows because of the irregularities in judging.

I know what I have and what kind of shape it is in.

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2006, 03:42 PM   #14
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
I agree with you guys as well.

I never go expecting anything. When I get something I'm pleasantly surprised.But the awards are not what it's about for me. It's the enjoyment of driving the car there, talking to people about the CS, checking out the other cars and getting to meet new people or talk with some of the same folks.

My nephew who is 9 came to some cruises where there was a popular vote trophy where you voted for your top 3 cars - he kept saying to me, aren't you going to vote for your car? I explained to him that wasn't the way you should do it - you don't vote for yourself and stuff the ballot you vote for the cars you like best.

I joined a local Mustang Club and they are putting on a Participant Judged show in July. Club members are not allowed to vote. Of course if someone wanted to be corrupt and miscount the votes, that's another story. These guys don't seem that way at all. In past shows I would go to with my VW you weren't allowed to vote in your class for participant judging ... you would get a few other classes to vote on.

There were times with my VW I almost felt guilty winning, but I think it was all part of not expecting anything and enjoying the whole experience.

I refuse to let the politics get to me. So far it's working ... when it isn't I don't think I'll enjoy attending the shows.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2006, 03:54 PM   #15
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Sooo .....do you leave before the show is over and the trophies are awarded? Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions