• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68hcs build dates

68bluehcs

Need help , i keep reading that 68 hcs were built late in 68, what is considered late?.. what were the build dates on 68hcs from start to finish . the reason for this ? is that mine was built 12/15/67 .. from the picks that i have seen my 68hcs has a few diferent things on and in it , the rear quarterpanel reflectors are flush and the same color as the body , not chrome and raised . the front and rear bumper gards have pads on them , two black stripes on the hood , no shoulder seat belts ,has knee pad and window piller pads , woodgrain dash , delux two tone blue interior , clock , delux seat belts , remote mirror , center and overhead consouls , dealer installed headrests , hard to tell but i think the head liner is white or a light blue, speaker and courtesy lights in each door ,, by the way it has a 289 with a c4 auto. keed to know if its one of the first ,,, or could it be the first ??? that would nice . im sure i missed a few things , sorry . thank you for any help
josh

P

PNewitt

I think that Bob Teets should check this out for you.

Is your DSO 51? From my research, no one was even talking about a '68 HCS, until spring. The HCS production started in late June and most in July. The whole reason that the FDAF (Ford Dealer Advertising Fund) in Calif. "let" Colorado (FDAF) do the HCS -- is because sales were slow from March through Late May, and they relented to another Colorado (and selling CS cars to other states outside of Calif.

But none of this happened in Dec '67. Could this be a modified '68 coupe?

Sooo....Ask Bob.

Paul.

OP
OP

68bluehcs

THANKS PAUL HERE ARE the #'S body 65b , color d5, trim 6b , date 15m , 51 dso , 2 axle , w trans , also 8RO1C116613, AND THE ENGINE TAG 289 F 68 16 M15 K 236 J ,THE BLOCK IS 7 M 15 S .. ALSO I CANT FIND ANY INFO ABOUT THE COLOR D5 ???. THANKS FOR ANY INFO JOSH