• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tail light protectors / tail light mounting question

sna8kbit

I am looking for the tail light protectors on the back between the fiberglass panel and the sheetmetal rear panel , if someone has a source. Also how are the tail light buckets secured to the back of the tail light panel, I am restoring a 68 gt/cs that had the tail panel , tail lights and tail light protectors taken off somewhere in the past. I bought some 65 t bird style tail lights off ebay and they just had 4 screws ( 2 top and 2 bottom ) per light but it looks like the ones on top have 2 screw holes per side and area is not as tarnished between them making me think there might have been some sort of block or bar type piece here , which held the bucket in place , by pulling it up tight from the rear of the fiberglass panel. If so does anyone have these pieces or know where I might get them ? Thanks

hicountrybob

I am looking for the tail light protectors on the back between the fiberglass panel and the sheetmetal rear panel , if someone has a source. Also how are the tail light buckets secured to the back of the tail light panel, I am restoring a 68 gt/cs that had the tail panel , tail lights and tail light protectors taken off somewhere in the past. I bought some 65 t bird style tail lights off ebay and they just had 4 screws ( 2 top and 2 bottom ) per light but it looks like the ones on top have 2 screw holes per side and area is not as tarnished between them making me think there might have been some sort of block or bar type piece here , which held the bucket in place , by pulling it up tight from the rear of the fiberglass panel. If so does anyone have these pieces or know where I might get them ? Thanks

ebay for the protectors and they seem to have become very, very, pricey, according to a currant SELLER on ebay. Bob here.

rvrtrash

I bought some 65 t bird style tail lights off ebay and they just had 4 screws ( 2 top and 2 bottom ) per light but it looks like the ones on top have 2 screw holes per side and area is not as tarnished between them making me think there might have been some sort of block or bar type piece here , which held the bucket in place , by pulling it up tight from the rear of the fiberglass panel. If so does anyone have these pieces or know where I might get them ? Thanks

The T-bird mounted it's tail lights differently and used a bracket from the light assy. to the car body. The CS screws right into the fiberglass, if I remember correctly.

Steve

OP
OP
S

sna8kbit

I have 4 of the inner metal tail light protectors I bought and restored. I don't have the outer left or right ones. I had a complete set I sold to a guy from Canada. These are nice. I will take $300 for the 4 of them. Sold the complete set to the Canadian for $650. Anyway email me at rwzmd@yahoo.com if your interested.