• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

If/when they offer the new CS with different engine choices will you??????

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11821 date=1119470750]
so what do you have the pleasure of working at that let's you see all those "pairs"? 8)

Jason;
I work for Victoria's Secret at their Corporate Headquarters. ;D ;D 8)

Don ;)
[/quote]

I just don't know what to say.

OK, just thought of something:

Please tell me they have the models come there to try on the new stuff and they get your opinion of how it looks.

if the above is not true please don't tell me otherwise, let my imagination wander.........................

;D

Joes68

I'm sure we all feel reeeeaaallll sorry for you Don!!
Beautiful cars and beautiful ladies. What a bummer. 8)
What was this subject about??? Oh yeah, I'd prefer a V-8.
Ron

68gt390

It's a tough job but, someone's got to do it. The nice part about it is I get to see a lot of the new stuff before it even hits the store's. I've even been fortunate enough to have been able to attend a few of the fashion show's in New York. 8)

Don

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11856 date=1119551703]
It's a tough job but, someone's got to do it. The nice part about it is I get to see a lot of the new stuff before it even hits the store's. I've even been fortunate enough to have been able to attend a few of the fashion show's in New York. 8)

Don
[/quote]

Just how bad could a day at work be for you?

So you are telling me you have a couple big block Mustangs AND you work at the Victoria Secret headquarters? Geez, and I thought I had in good.

;)

hookedtrout

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11856 date=1119551703]

Don
[/quote]

Ok Don sounds like you have all bases covered over at V.S. the only question I can think of is have you ever secretly tried any of it on? :eek: :eek:

Time for me to get outside, I'll be on the river fishing.

Hook

68gt390

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11870 date=1119555484]

Don
[/quote]

Ok Don sounds like you have all bases covered over at V.S. the only question I can think of is have you ever secretly tried any of it on? :eek: :eek:

Time for me to get outside, I'll be on the river fishing.

Hook

[/quote]

This will be a 2 part answer: One for Hook and one for Jason. Here goes. Some how I think we've gotten off the true subject but, you know how it goes (Shit Happens).

1.. For HOOK: 20 years in the military (Cop), 8 years as a Deputy Sherrif (6 Reserve, 2 years full time). Nope, never tried anything on but, since your headed to the river, I can recommend some nice "Flotation Devices" for you.

2. For Jason: The only time I get to drive the CS alone is when I drive it into work. Seems everybody in the building know's who it belongs to. I get ready to leave work and yes - we wind up having a show in the parking lot. So far I've been able to get 2 car's to show up. My CS and a young lady who works for Bath and Body Works with a "SWEET" Hemi Cuda. Everybody is just at ah. They can't believe a woman would be driving a "Hemi Cuda" and her and I just stand around and talk cars. I've had several folks (ladies) comment, you just have to take me for a ride in your car. :-X You can guess what my reply is. Every now and then that little "Devil" comes out and I just have to knock him down. ::) Besides, I know what side my bread is buttered on. Need I say more?

Don 8)

hookedtrout

Having described your career I'd have to say it paints an ugly picture of you in any of the V.S. stuff so I'm glad to hear you've avoided it. Now on to the floatation devices. They won't make me look feminine will they? ::) ::) ::)

I'm already considered the cross dressing fly fishermen, I stopped off at a local fly shop owned by the famed fly fisherman Mike Lawson and they were having an awesome sale on some fly fishing shirts. Regularly around $80 fall sale for $25 so I looked for a large and found one in the pile and grabbed it. Well the next time I headed out fishing I put the thing on and I thought this is a bit smaller than most LG shirts but it fit alright then I went to button it up and low and behold the buttons are on the wrong side. Can't tell the difference in the mens and womens other than the buttons. Oh well the only person that could tell was me other than I had to tell everyone so now I'm the cross dressing fly fisherman? ::) And yes I still wear it, I just don't tell my wife the story as I'm sure I'd never hear the end of that.

Hook

meadowsdk28

1.. For HOOK: 20 years in the military (Cop), 8 years as a Deputy Sherrif (6 Reserve, 2 years full time).
Hey, I'm retired Infantry and have a ton of Force Protection experience in Iraq and Kosovo!! Am willing to relocate for "Floatation Devices". Would drive my HCS to work and hang out and be cool with you, Don.

P

PNewitt

Meanwhile, back at the original topic...

I can't see Ford offering the Shelby engine for the CS. That would be like Ford offering a convertible GT/CS in '68. It's all in the marketing. It wouldn't make any sense to offer a huge engine in the new CS, since that would cut sales into the Shelby. The big engine would require a beefed up rear suspension (no IRS--sigh)., so...we're back to why it wouldn't be offered.

The CS was, and will once again be a styling package. It will probably will be sold once again with "looks like a Shelby GT".

Since you guys are counting notches on your belts, when I lived in Glendale many years ago, I used to date a couple of actresses, one in several "B" movies, and the other was a foreign actress. And of course, my GT/CS was there, too. Ah, the California lifestyle.. 8)

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

I don't disagree with that.

We should hope for and imagine a lot for this new Mustang. The "new" GT/CS will encourage all kinds of accessorizing!! From how well it's selling (and bolstering Ford's market share losses with SUVs), it could be like the 60's all over again--if Ford marketing "sees the light" (pun intended).

If I could just get my 390 fitted with a Paxton! A little more than a dream...

Paul N.

68gt390

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11914 date=1119630614]

1.. For HOOK: 20 years in the military (Cop), 8 years as a Deputy Sherrif (6 Reserve, 2 years full time).
Hey, I'm retired Infantry and have a ton of Force Protection experience in Iraq and Kosovo!! Am willing to relocate for "Floatation Devices". Would drive my HCS to work and hang out and be cool with you, Don.
[/quote]

MD28;
That sounds like a plan to me!!!! 8) Any interesting cruise's out your way? How close are you to Indy?
We've been trying to venture outside the Columbus area more just to meet some different folks. Would be kinda neat to maybe hookup and have both a GT/CS and HCS together at a show.

Don

P

PNewitt

I thought I'd "bury" this side note here...about future trips, etc..

Instead of the Route 66 idea, I'm wondering how we might have some sort of GT/CS / HCS "migration" to, or from L.A., Northern Calif, and Denver. Do the Calif. cars meet in L.A. at a Knotts show, then we go up to Sacramento ( & Milpitas plant (Great Mall)), and then across to Reno and the desert to Denver, via Salt Lake? or should we ALL meet in Reno--for Hot August Nights and dominate the car show????

This would all be in 2008 (not this year).
It's just in the "toss ideas around" stage now.

Paul N.

meadowsdk28

MD28;
That sounds like a plan to me!!!! 8) Any interesting cruise's out your way? How close are you to Indy?
We've been trying to venture outside the Columbus area more just to meet some different folks. Would be kinda neat to maybe hookup and have both a GT/CS and HCS together at a show.
I'm just 20 miles south of Indy. We have a SAAC show every May or June at a local state park every year. We have quite a few car shows all around the state. We have the Frog Follies in Evansville every August but that is geared more toward street rods. We have the big show in Auburn every year. "Mustangs across America" came through a few years back and that was very cool. For me, I enjoy the local cruise night at Greenwood every Satuday night.

For the street rodders, we were hooked up this weekend. The Good Guys were in at Raceway Park and '32 Fords were like ants on the streets all weekend.

With the Indy 500, the Brickyard 400, the US Gran Prix (except this year, it blew) and the US Nationals, this place is obviously car friendly and there is always something going on. We must hook up and do something. My car will be complete and ready for showing by next April.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=30#msg11948 date=1119683451]
I thought I'd "bury" this side note here...about future trips, etc..

Instead of the Route 66 idea, I'm wondering how we might have some sort of GT/CS / HCS "migration" to, or from L.A., Northern Calif, and Denver. Do the Calif. cars meet in L.A. at a Knotts show, then we go up to Sacramento ( & Milpitas plant (Great Mall)), and then across to Reno and the desert to Denver, via Salt Lake? or should we ALL meet in Reno--for Hot August Nights and dominate the car show????

This would all be in 2008 (not this year).
It's just in the "toss ideas around" stage now.

Paul N.
[/quote]

I don't really care what we would do but I think it would be awesome to get everyone together. I'll bet we could do a great cruise with eastern cars linking up with Midwestern cars and cruising into someplace. I would be willing to go as far as Reno. Once I'm moving in one direction, it no longer matters how far.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1819;start=15#msg11919 date=1119632129]

Since you guys are counting notches on your belts, when I lived in Glendale many years ago, I used to date a couple of actresses, one in several "B" movies, and the other was a foreign actress. And of course, my GT/CS was there, too. Ah, the California lifestyle.. 8)

Paul N.
[/quote]

Are we going to let this slide!?! "B" actress covers a lot of area! You don't have to kiss and tell, but Inquiring minds what to know who?