• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - 2005 Calendar of our cars?

hicountrybob

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=1136;start=0#msg6279 date=1098459279]
Is anyone else planning on submitting? At this point we only have 2 cars submitted. If we can't get at least 12 I'll have to scrap the calendar idea. :'( Jon, My pictures will be sent to you Wed, Oct. 27. Bob Teets here
[/quote]

66joej

Jon
I am planning on taking pictures as soon as we get some decent weather.
Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.
A friend has a very nice GTCS clone. Can't tell it from a real one. Everthing correct including 8R01.
Would you you consider his car for the calander?
Joe

quicknick

My photographer was here today and took some really great pictures of our Mustangs here at the local golf course. I will forward the CS's pictures no later than Tuesday.
Just an idea.......... How about filling in the Calanders dates with important Mustang notables and events? Things like CS and HCS birthday and history dates, milestones. Birthdays of important people like the Ford's, Shelby's and Iacocca's.
It would make for great reading as well as great pictures to look at. Just a thought.

davidathans

I would like to have my car included in the calendar. Do you need me to mail some pictures? or can you simply take the best one off my gallery?

If you want it by mail, where do i make out the address to?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
David, see the instructions earlier in this post. I think post 13 or so. I've also edited the 1st post to make it easier to find.

The gallery photos are too small resolution. They need to be 1800x1200 minimum. And email to 1968gtcs@gmail.com

Thanks! Looks like we're getting closer. :)

hookedtrout

Hey all been awile since I've checked in, got wrapped up in a huge model train project for my 6 year old. Built a building and now building a layout so I've been lost in the model railroad forums lately.

This calendar thing is a super idea. I'll take a look at what pictures I have and see if I have any that fit the bill.

Hook

rjw

Jon,
You have mail! I emailed you some photos.
Richard

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
For those that may be taking 35mm pics and mailing me the prints, please have them printed on 4x6 if possible. The larger print size will make scanning easier.

Also, some basic tips on taking good photos;

1. Position the car with the sun at your back. Many times the front and rear shots are taken at the same time, but this means that one will be in shadow. Try repositioning the car so both shots have the sun at your back.

2. Try to center the car unless there's an artistic reason to do otherwise.

3. Make sure the entire car is in the photo, not cropped off (again, unless you have a specific reason to do so)

4. If taken with a digital camera be sure you have it set at the highest resolution.

5. Try to limit misc items in the background including people, other cars, street signs, etc.

So far 6 people have submitted pics with several apparently on the way. Thanks!

Russ

Just sent in my photos today. Hope they arrive okay. I look forward to seeing the different cars on the calendar. Thanks

Russ

quicknick

Jon,
I just sent 2 photos to you on 2 different e mails. Please PM me and let me know you got one or both. I am still having problems sending e mails with attachments. (stupid puter)
Pick which one you like best and submit for the calander. Thanx, Nicholas

PFSlim

After the calendars are complete, can you advertise and sell them on this site? My brother and I would most certainly want to buy at least one.

Good job to all those who submitted for the calendar. I look forward to seeing your GT/CS!!

Paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1136;start=30#msg6329 date=1098827286]
After the calendars are complete, can you advertise and sell them on this site?[/quote]

Yes, absolutely. That's the point of putting the calendar together. I still need to talk to a print company to see how much they'll cost, but I expect the price will be in line with normal store bought calendars. Probably $12-14.

68gt390

Jon;
How many cars have been submitted? I would think folks would be coming out of the woodwork for this one. If they don't realize what an opportunity this is their missing the boat. All I can say is folks get those photos in. This is even better than an all mustang calander. It's unique to our cars only. What a deal!!!

Don ;D ;D

CJ

Jon

Should have some decent weather this week in Northern California for some pictures. If it comes down to the wire I will FedEx them to you.

C J

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, we're looking good. 12 have submitted and more should be on the way this week.

These photos are really great! The voting should be fun. ;)

Here's the list of who has submitted so far:

davidathans
68gt390
19HCS68
Jay Wieder
ColoradoHCS
quicknick
rjw
Russ
Stephan Thorarensen
Talan423
hcsstang
Dave Percy

hicountrybob - to be mailed shortly
Mr. Shelby Guy - to be mailed shortly

Sarge

Jon,
I will try to get some pics tomorrow to you... My personal digital camera is only 1600 x 1200 :-\, so I will have to "borrow" a better camera for the photo shoot. :) Regards, Robert

007bluto

Just sent my pictures off, hope you got them and were able to open the attachment. Bluto ;D

66joej

Jon
I sent you some pics for the calender.
If you did not receive them can you let me know and I'll resend.
Thanks Joe