• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

All I Want for Christmas....

Mosesatm

Went to the Roush/Superformance/Cobra shop last weekend to check on the GT/CS. There was a Cobra there with a Roush small block 427. What a monster. It sounds just like a SOHC 427. If I had an extra $15k I'd probably spend it on that!!!

http://parts.factoryfive.com/Roush/427.htm

joedls

I know a guy here who installs these on Cobras, Daytona Coupes, and GT-40 replicas. I saw one in his shop that was mated to a 5-speed. It was all polished aluminum, block, heads, induction, tranny case, everything was polished. It was about $30K for that version. Another $6500 for installation.

somethingspecial

I purchased a toploader from a guy here in Grass Valley, who owns "Mustang Corral", who specializes in Road Race Mustangs, Shelbys, and Cobras. He had a Daytona Coupe on the shop floor that had a 427 small block with eight webbers, or something of that nature, and a T5. The cockpit was nothing but gauges and switches, and a rumble you could feel in SoCal. It was COOL.

I wish I could afford one of those. Oh Well, Guess I will have to love my GT/CS instead. LOL (JUST KIDDING) Gee, I hope she didn't here me. The car that is, My wife knows she comes first.

Mike

joedls

i believe they call it a Roush 427 because it comes with 427 HP not because it has 427 cubic inches...its a 4.6L 281ci SOHC 3V V8 with a supercharger correct?

That's a different engine. I've seen that one, too. This one is a stroked 351 Windsor, stroked to 427 ci., making 550 horsepower and 535 ft lbs of torque!

Last edited:

davidathans

That's a different engine. I've seen that one, too. This one is a stroked 351 Windsor, stroked to 427 ci., making 550 horsepower and 535 ft lbs of torque!

whoops..ya...i never clicked on the link...i was thinking about the 2007 Mustang Roush....i heard people call the new ones 'Roush 427s' and people said that it has 427HP but doesnt have a 427ci motor

PFSlim

That is very nice!!! However, if I was to put a new engine in a GT/CS, I might consider the 302 (345HP) from Ford Racing. That is the motor my brother-in-law chose to install in the Factory Five Cobra we are currently building. Lots of torque, sounds great, looks very nice.

Paul