• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Black C/S on E-Bay again

franklinair

I see that pretty black/red deluxe interior is back on E-Bay.

Neil

PS: When initiating this thread, I didn't see anything to designate 1968 or 2007. What am I missing?

Last edited:

U D-SIDE

Hi everyone...can someone help me find the original thread/discussion on this car? It was back a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

RedGTvert

If he would sell it for $15K I may be all over it, but that won't get it.

aemoo28

It looks like a good $18K price to me. Of course that's my standard with the black CS. It's in MUCH better condition than mine was. Look at that engine!!

PLS have someone take a look at it- underneath for rust- despite how it's described.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I see its @ $15,150 with a couple hours to go. First time around, it went to $15,100 - no sale - didn't make minimum. I think the bidders have a truer feel for the value than the seller. IMHO

Neil

di81977

Looks like a nice car, but if the engine is "new, top to botton" what is up with the rusty looking harmonic balancer in the second to last picture?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

This car needs a serious 'look over' by someone familiar with '68's. It's got a few visible quirks which makes my naturally suspicious nature perk up. From what I can decipher from photos (not the same as up close & personal), this looks like a $14K car at best. Eye candy doesn't cut it. (Ask Amy)

Neil (Doubting Thomas) Hoppe

Mosesatm

There are 3 dealers in Dallas that sell often on eBay and at least one of them is our old friend Mikegtcs1968.
The dealers are:
InsideTheGrille (Selling the black GT/CS)
Ford_Chevy_Classics
1968_CS_GT

The last 2 use the same backdrop in their ads so I think they are the same person, or at least related to each other.

For you old-timers out there; isn't Mike the dealer with the eBay handle 1968_CS_GT? If so I'm pretty sure he is also Ford_Chevy_Classics.

Last edited:

DeadStang

There are 3 dealers in Dallas that sell often on eBay and at least one of them is our old friend Mikegtcs1968.
The dealers are:
Ford_Chevy_Classics
1968_CS_GT

The last 2 use the same backdrop in their ads so I think they are the same person, or at least related to each other.

For you old-timers out there; isn't Mike the dealer with the eBay handle 1968_CS_GT? If so I'm pretty sure he is also Ford_Chevy_Classics.

And isn't one of these guys "Lawns of Dallas?"

RedGTvert

The dealers are:
Ford_Chevy_Classics
1968_CS_GT

You are correct. Ford_Chevy and 1968 CS GT are the same, and he happens to be the son of InsideTheGrill.

U D-SIDE

I got a response from the Ebay seller....He said this car belongs to his dad...Raymond, I think the last name was Benner?? He gave me his dad's cell number. I have not called yet. I am extremely interested, but I'm just not sure about this economy yet. I may hold on to my $$ for awhile.:undecided

Midnight Special

I got a response from the Ebay seller....I am extremely interested, but I'm just not sure about this economy yet. I may hold on to my $$ for awhile.:undecided

'Good point, but at least the gas is getting cheaper (for now). + / - $2.65 Premium in NorCal...

It is indeed amazing how much prices are falling from 2-3 years ago. Even though I'm in for the long haul, I wish I had the foresight to do my "shopping" today!