• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Brake Pedal Return Bumper

1968Cally

So now that I have completed the work under the hood and am driving my '68, I noticed that when I release the brake pedal, it "clangs" back. So I figure there must be a missing bumper. As I was putting in an NPD order anyways, I looked it up and sure enough they sell it for a whole $1.50. So it came today and I took a look under the dash. I believe that it goes way up on top of the pedal assembly. I could not even begin to see it. I have factory A/C so I am sure that does not help.

Has anyone been able to replace the bumper without taking half the car apart (or at least half the dash). Probably the first step would be to take the front seat out.

Thanks