• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ronald McDonald House '68 GT/CS Raffle

CougarCJ

Ru-row, no thermactor smog on X code 390-2V engines.

Back the truck up.:grin:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's possible that statement about it being the last one is supposed to be in reference to the 6 that were made just like it (ie. the 1 of 6 they quote from the Marti report) So they may think it's the last of those 6 still around. Not sure how they would have possibly documented that though.

That VIN puts it's scheduled build date right about May 13 and the latest car in the '96 registry is July 31 (VIN ending in 172117).

That probably is what they are trying to say by stating it's the last one.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I sent these folks a note regarding the stated value of the car.

They are going to have a difficult time proving the value of that car, with its flaws, is almost double what Ron is asking for his car.

Last edited:

CougarCJ

I sent these folks a note regarding the stated value of the car.

They are going to have a difficult time proving the value of that car, with its flaws, is almost double what Ron is asking for his car.

The winner of the car would be 1099'd the value, and have to pay taxes on that value as a 'prize'.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

According to the person running the raffle the winner will be allowed to get his or her own appraisal of the car for tax purposes.

classicsguy

Can someone tell me how much the winner will have to pay in taxes or any other charges that the winner will have to pay? I am interested in buying tickets but if I have to pay more than car is worth...will not purchase any tickets. Any clarification on this is very welcome!!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's 33.333% of the difference between the value of the car and how much you spent on tickets.

For example, if the value of the car is (according to them) $70,000 and you spent $1,500 on tickets you'd be required to pay 1/3 of $68,500 which is $22,833, unless you can prove the value of the car is lower than what they claim.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

My totally uneducated WAG is that you're still paying the taxes, but you may need to contact the folks putting on the raffle and ask them.

classicsguy

Thanks Arlie ;wonder if anyone has the e mail address of the person in charge of raffle?

ponyboy

Hey not sure if anyone seen the car yet but i saw it at Barret Jackson this year. It looked Pretty good from a distance but up close it looked like it was rushed together. Paint was nice,The side stripes were crooked, and it didn't have the correct grill. Been awhile to remember All the problems i saw but what stood out the worst was the way the hood locks were attached to hood. They wrapped black electrical tape around the pins on the bottom so they wouldn't fall out while drivin down the street... PRETTY CHEESY if thats a $70,000 car! The hood locks would be spinning around while you drove down the highway since they were taped in and didnt have the proper brackets installed! Either way i still bought some tickets, if i won i'd finish it right! Not sure if i could afford the Taxes though..lol Richie

CKW

Would anyone be willing to guess at a real value for this car?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

From what I've read about it and from the errors I see in the photos my guess would be $28K - $32K.