• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How about a services directory?

RacingFan

Jon is absolutely gonna kill me! Just another thought. I think most of us, if we are looking for new or reproduction parts have a fav vendor. There are a number of super suppliers of great repro parts. I think a link page listing some of the more well known parts vendors would be great! Just the name of the place, location, phone, and website link.

Also, on that same thread, the thing I have the most trouble with is service vendors. I have found that some of the best folks in the business are the mom and pop shops that are in the hobby for the right reasons. The trick, albiet LARGE challenge, is finding them. I have listings for seat belt restoration, radio repair, steering wheel restoration, etc. I would love to share. I am absolutely sure that folks here on our site have alot of information as well.
Could we do a link page with these services listed with a short description and company info? Maybe have the person from this site that recommended them either have a short blurb on their expirience or just thier name to show they are genuinely recommended. Of course the caveat of the list would be "buyer beware" and make your own decision, but I think it could save alot of wasted efforts. Comments anyone? Thanks AGAIN!

nfrntau

Buyer beware is certainly at the top of this list.
To assure the integrity of a reference base such as this on the site I would think it very difficult to restrict this from shady/not top notch operators. In my opinion even though you may lose some very good advise regarding vendors from the newbies you would have to limit this to Jr. or Sr. members giving this advise and listing there names as reference.
This would keep the once on once off person from flaunting his wares to the GT/CS arena.
Just my 2 cents.

hookedtrout

Maybe even come up with a way to rate them and place comments as to experiences with the vendors.

Hook

P

PNewitt

In both of my books are a list of suppliers that I have worked with, and that I recommend.

Top of the list is Tony Branda, Orlando Mustang, and Delta Bay Mustang. For more generic '68 Mustang parts, the larger vendors are OK (Calif. Mustang, Nat'l Parts Depot, etc.).

Gee--what could be worse? "The Wrath of Webmeister Jon"?, or "Crossing the GT/CS Guru"? I dunno.... <shaking head>

Paul ::)

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Always the comedian Paul! lol I think the parts vendors you mention are top notch, I do alot of business (please don't tell my wife!) with Branda. But services are a bit more nebulous, and the folks that you mentioned (that I know of) don't do any extensive restor on components. I have found some great work/deals on seatbelt restoration as well as reconditioned consoles etc during my travels to Carlisle and the MCA Nationals. But I agree completely with Hook who mentioned that it has to be closely monitored by Jon and then only posted by folks we KNOW and trust. Oh, by the way, are we going to be able to pry you from the West Coast for the National Show this year in Ohio?????? Not everyone east of California is crazy...lol

P

PNewitt

I agree--there are smaller companies that do things like seat belts, steering wheel restoration, tachometer/speedo rebuilds, etc.

Many of these smaller companies are listed or advertise in Hemmings Motor News.

The thing about any companies with "less than good" reputation--is that word will spread fast, whether good or bad. Support & reward those who do a good job with great customer service.

We're a good group in that way--keeping an eye out for each other.

Yes, I need to get out, and see what's east of the Sierra Nevada.

Paul N.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I would be all for this. I just don't have the time for the leg work.

I would suggest we start a thread where people list the vendors they've used. I think personal experiences would also be good, but let's refrain from just bashing. (ie. if you have a complaint be sure to give legitimate reasons, not just "they suck")