• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

An offer, a joke(not funny), and a question

davidathans

Well im out in the San Fernando Valley and there have been some crazy fires burning. Well everything is covered in ash, including my GTCS. When i got home today there was a note tucked into the windshield wiper.

The note asked if i wanted to sell the car and left a phone #. Just out of curiousity to see what this person would offer I called him back. I asked him if he knew about the car...nope, just thought it was a nice car. So i asked him if he had any questions and he asked how it ran....so i told him that i've got 400hp and that it does 12s.....

so i asked him what he would offer
Here is the joke....he thought the car was sittin...now i take that to mean that he thought the car was just sitting there and didnt run or something...hahaha

Due to the ash covering the car it would appear that way, if you werent too car savvy. How could anyone mistake this car for a car that is sitting and basically worthless...??

Well here is the question part:
I was going to go into detail on what a california special is and how many were made and so on...but obviously this guy couldnt come close to even being able to make me an offer that wasnt insulting.

The question is:
Were there 4118 GTCS's made? or does that number include the 251 HCS's so is it really 4118-251 Gtcs's? which is 3867.

Thanks
David

x-codegtcs

I think that HCBob and I discussed this a while ago and I think that I posted on here - also a while ago. My understanding is that the GT/CS kit that the Marty report refers to is not DSO specific. The only way to determine if it is a HCS is to have a Marty report confirm that it had the GT/CS kit AND have the Denver DSO. However, with that said, it kind of leaves some speculation of whether or not someone may have had a GT/CS custom made and delivered to the Denver DSO as a GT/CS. So I guess we could speculate about that...

So, you are right there are 3867 GT/CS's and 251 HCS.

Anyone care to speculate about the GT/CS sold with an original Denver DSO? ???

hcsstang

While at the Youngstown show I lost my Marti report.That report was the deluxe one and it stated that it had the California special options. The very last line it stated that it was a HCS. I got a replacement report and this one states nothing about a HCS. but it has a DSO of Denver.I called Marti up but he wasn't in.

case12

[quote author=x-codegtcs link=board=1;threadid=2182;start=0#msg14846 date=1128148879]

So, you are right there are 3867 GT/CS's and 251 HCS.

[/quote]

This is the correct number break down from information we have now. We will know more when Marti gets us the statistical info. Casey

68MustangHCS

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=2182;start=0#msg14851 date=1128169928]
I lost my Marti report.That report was the deluxe one and it stated that it had the California special options. The very last line it stated that it was a HCS. I got a replacement report and this one states nothing about a HCS. but it has a DSO of Denver.
[/quote]

I have two deluxe Marti reports for my (2) 68 HCS'S. They were both are 2005 reports ordered this year one is report number 3006 and 5012. The first report lists the first option as the "California Special" and the last option is "High Country Special" while my second report for my other HCS states only "California Special."

hicountrybob

Hi, Bryce, about this "speculation" thing. Where are these cars? When a car is "special ordered" by a purchaser, there is 4 numbers after the DSO number ie. 51xxxx, right? How come all the '68 HCS cars(150 or so in the registry) have 'DSO 51' ONLY on the door tags? Also, for the Cal Sps, as far as I've noted in Paul Newitt"s books, (100's of these CS cars), non of these cars are either 'cause they don't have 6 digets DSO's. Now, maybe we should start a new thread on "dealer" special order cars, of which I KNOW nothing about. Anyone up to it????? If you are, be ready for the I HEARD, SOMEONE TOLD ME, I READ SOMEWHERE, I BELIEVE, CAN WE SPECULATE, THIS FELLOW TOLD ME,etc etc etc. PAUL NEWITT, bail me out on this stuff before we start fighting one another. Hicountry Bob Teets here

P

PNewitt

<<placing Bail Bond on Bob>>

Well--my best guess is that, despite the '66 and '67 HCS cars, which were factory ordered, and got six digit DSO#s; the '68 HCS was really an outside deal with the L.A. Ford Dealers Advertising Fund (FDAF), which really fueled the GT/CS project. it was an outside "deal" from FORD, that is why there are no special order numbers in the DSO, AND why the Marti report (as FORD data), shows it as a California Special, even though it's really a HCS. In FORD's Dearborn stastical world, the HCS is a GT/CS.

Does this make sense?

Paul N.