• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ 2011 GT/California Special test drive

SD CASPCL

As I traded my 2007 GT/CS, I have not been on here for a while. Yesterday, I drove the new 2011 GT/CS, 5.0 with 412 HP and the six speed. This car is very , very nice.(An understatement). The 6 sp shifts with no effort or chipping, it was a real pleasure to drive. And, of course the response from the V8 was outstanding, topped only by the sounds from the exhaust. The only thng I did not like was the wing they have put on it. I think it would have looked much better with the small spolier from the normal GT, but that will be an easy switch. The interior materials, fit and finish was perfect. I drove the car over city streets in lieu of the interstate, to include railroad crossings. Not a squeek or rattle even though I found the worst streets I could think of.
Very well built. And, the engine compartment could rival BMW for looks.

I am very seriously looking this ar and waiting for the dealer to give me a price. I found it almost funny that they are bumping the MSRP by over a $1000 at all the dealers within my area, considering the state of the economy. I may have to go to Minneapolis or Denver, if we can't come to an agreement.

Ford.Com has a full list of the changes that make a California Special listed as Option 402A, to include unique front and rear facias.

Thought you might find this interesting since I was not aware Ford was going to do another CS.

Last edited:

68 GTCS

They have a nice 2011 GTCS at Spradley Barr Ford in Greeley Colorado. Give them a call. Its white, real sharp car!

Kevin

gofastguy

I agree 100% that the 2011 is an awesome ride. The only thing I personally am not crazy about is the interior doesn't have the contrasting colors in the leather interior.

Discounts seem to be out there. The one I looked at had a tag with a nearly 3K discount hanging from the mirror which surprised me. Also, MCA members are now entitled to "X" plan pricing, but I understand that dealer participation is optional. My salesman says they would do it. The only problem for me is that if I get a 412 HP hot rod CS for my daily driver, my Shelby GT wouldn't seem like near so much fun!

J.Bart

westland ford in ogden utah had a "race red" 2011 gt/cs
a beautiful car, and i don't believe they mark them up

OP
OP
SD CASPCL

SD CASPCL

Well, good news, I went back to the dealer, and we "talked". The Sticker was $39940, and we are down to $36514. So, it looks like I will pull the trigger in the morning.It is Red Candy Metallic Tinted, with the 3.55 rear, 6 speed, Shaker 1000, Block heater, and Comfort Group, and of course, the Rapid Spec 402A for the CS package.

Thanks to everyone for your input. It will be nice to be back.

J.Bart

i found some worth a test drive

Attachments

• new stangs 001.jpg
    new stangs 001.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 43
  • new stangs 002.jpg
    new stangs 002.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 37
  • new stangs 003.jpg
    new stangs 003.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 48
  • new stangs 005.jpg
    new stangs 005.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 45
  • new stangs 004.jpg
    new stangs 004.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
SD CASPCL

SD CASPCL

Well, I brought her home last night. No photos yet, but it looks exactly like the Red one in JBART's post. I am still amazed at how differnt it feels, while driving, from '07. The front end feels very tight and takes curves fast and comfortably. All in all I am very happy with the choice, in 164 miles.

OP
OP
SD CASPCL

SD CASPCL

JBART... your are correct. I was looking at the car itself, not the color combo. I should have clarified that. I just put 135 miles on her today, driving in the Black Hills. What a dream. The six speed is an excellent transmission when compared to the five speed in the '07. All in all I am very happy with the car, with the exception of the "boy racer" wing. I am most likely going to replace it with the stock GT spoiler.

By the way, anyone looking at an '11 model, there was $500. customer cash on the Ford WEB site.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Congrats! Looking forward to pics when you get them.

gofastguy

I wish they could have the 5.0 badges on the CS cars. If I had designed them, I would have faced the side stripe the other direction and had it fade into the 5.0 badge on the front fender.