• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Info on Another Site

P

PNewitt

It's OK. The person who did it, contacted me first. It was some time ago, and I've known about it.

Thanks, Arlie for looking out for these things. I appreciate it.

Paul N.

carezcs

Paul,
According to this website, CS production didn't start until Feb 15, 68.
There were 7 prototypes built between Feb. 1-10 for the dealer shows. My Marti report indicates that my CS was produced on Feb. 9, 68! Could mine be a prototype?
Bruce

P

PNewitt

There are several things on that timeline that have been updated since 1989.

One of which is the beginning of production. I can say that it was before Feb 15th. The Marti info we got spells it all out, and it will be in my new book (I know, another "shameless plug"...)

I also believe that the prototype cars at the party; all had tachs in them, regardless of transmission, as part of the intended GT/CS package (but they never made it into production).

I'd sure like to track those cars down. I'm workin' on it.

Paul N.

joedls

My car was built on Feb. 13 and has a tach dash. The Marti report, however, does not show this option. I also don't know whether or not a previous owner added it.

CJ 56

Hi Guys mine was serialised on the first of Feb 68 and has a Tach. The build date was the 13. Now if you look at the dates, the 10 in Feb 68 was a Saturday and and the 12th is Lincolns birthday, so I asume no work that day and mine was build on the 13, well finished any way on the 13th. Marti Report has is as one of 8 identical cars all serialised on the First of Feb 68. It was ordered as Basic Off - Standard Equipment, which I believe means order as a promotional vehical.
Now in New Zealand

joedls

Mine was also serialized on Feb 1 and was ordered as Basic Off - Standard Equipment. Maybe I have one of the eight.

CJ 56

HI Joe, does yours have a tach, overheadconsul, floor consul, Air, PS, PB, My original colour was MedowLark Yellow ( Now Red)
Chris -NZ

CJ 56

I guess we better see where our serial number put us
8R01C then get this for a serial number 141312

fourteen thirteen twelve

What's yours?

Chris - NZ

Mustanglvr

I just looked at Joe`s vin mumber from his Marti report in his gallery and it is 287 #`s away from yours at 141599. This is interesting. It would be cool to track down the original 8 cars they used for the promotion. Would`nt there have been alot of pictures taken at the party? Wonder if any pics still exist?

Mustanglvr

CALIF GIRL

Mine was built Feb 19 , vin 14264, also basic off standard, no tach in her...

CJ 56

Hi all, my theory is that any Basic Off Std where used to sell other cars and thus will likly have a late sell date, as they where sold when the dealers realised the rush was over.
Chris - NZ