• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report for HCS

Sarge

My car was built on April 15th, and has the Marchals. But it was sold in Canada, so I don't know if that helps with the time line of "what was the cutoff date". Also, a recall was sent out on the Marchal lights, and customers could have "chosen" to ignore the recall. Cars that were not yet off the dealer lot had to go thru the retrofit to Lucas lights.
Robert

speedy02

I wonder if they changed out the mounting hardware form Marchal to the Lucas mount? Car I have found doesn't have either light on it at the moment but has the mount like the Marchal lights. But the Marchal Lights are so hard to find I think I would like the Lucas Lights better. But have never seen a GT/CS with Marchal Lights in a picture or in person. Also never seen a GT/CS with the Marchal mounts with Lucas Lights?

68sunlitgold

speedy02,
they did not change out the mounting brackets when Ford switched to the Lucas lights. To be authentic, even a Lucas light CS should have the "Marchal grille brackets" and the wiring for the Lucas lights should go through the hole in the bracket. ALL GT/CS or HCS cars should have the Marchal grille brackets no matter when it was built.

Doug

OP
OP

19HCS68

The end to my dilemma of no HCS info on my Marti report went as follows. After talking with Mr. Marti on the phone and conversing on what I would have liked to see on my report, he made me a new report that does mention car is an HCS and the stats of 1 of 251 in the stats box for 12 more dollars. I'm happy now! ;D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my questions. You people are great! 8)

Gary

P

PNewitt

an interesting side note is that Ford engineers designed a small retrofit bracket to mount the Lucas lights onto the Marchal brackets. I think they didn't do that, because it put the Lucas lights too high into the grille.

I have the engineering drawings for that.

One more thing to put into the new book!

Paul N.

68gt390

Paul; Is there a brace that would stiffin the original grilles. Reason I ask is that my Marchal lights bounce so bad when I'm driving it's alsmost insane. I'm thinking of making my own brace to strengthen the grille area were the lights mount to the bracket. Just a thought.

Don ::)

nfrntau

Not all Marchalls at the dealers were swapped out for recall, I am happy to report. My GT/CS according to the Marti Report was sold on July 14 1968. My car has the Marchalls on it and does not have holes in the moldings from lucas lights or wiring changes indicating that a previous owner swapped them back. My car was built March 8.
There is always an exception to the rule.