• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Babe magnet or guy magnet

JohnnyQuest515

Are your California Specials Babe Magnets or Guy Magnets?

Funny, after I thought about it I have as many guys or more come up to the CS to talk car stuff. Most of the ladies say nice car and that's it..........guys on the other hand want to talk engine specs, production numbers etc.

Yesterday, I took the car out without the wife to a nice new subdivision with golf course and was just driving around. There was a man at the newly setup guard station. I asked if I could just look around and he said "you can drive that thing anywhere you want!" He thought it was a GT350 until he saw the CS decals, etc. I thanked him and when I drive back through to get out he had his camera ready and we did a mini photo shoot in front of the entrance. He even got my email to send me the pics. True car fan!

Randy

Midnight Special

It depends on who is driving it:

...So true! My experience w/ the CSs is mostly guy (car talk) magnets. The few "babes" I have encountered were mostly women in their 60s & 70s who owned one (or simular) at one time. 'Haven't had much success flirting with them because they're too busy remembering/talking about the guys they were dating back in the day ;-)

The Mach I's on the other hand are about 50/50...

case12

I have some comparison experience -

My 66 convertible (blue with white top) attracts women and men equally - it also attracts young (teens) and old (seniors) equally. Something about the style and color combo of that year car attracts everyone. I have even had ladys at shows asked me if it was for sale. Also, my wife loves to ride in this one. I think this design is why Iaccoca had such a winner in the beginning.

My 68 CS attracts mostly men. It must be the "shelby inspired" look that intends it to have have a more aggressive design...thus, appealing more to men. I cant think of one show where a lady asked me about the CS. Although, with any "specialty cars" I do know plenty of women that are interested in the CS, or show interest when the man they are with starts asking questions. For some, they are intrigued by the uniqueness of the car.

My two cents.....and no gender wars intended in my comments....I am speaking with full transparency. Thanks, Casey

robert campbell

Tim,
My wife is with you!! When we owned our 1957 Ford station wagon, it was a guy magnet when my wife drove it....

Unfortunately for my wife, the men were in there 70's and 80's....

Rob

aemoo28

Most guys fall down when I tell them the car's specs. They don't realize a female can be into her car as much as I am. I tell them I have a '68 at home that I'm putting back together and either they are intimidated or intrigued. Never had a girl come up to me, thank goodness.

Guy magnet for sure. But then again, when I see another Special, I approach with eagerness and nosiness. Sometimes I chase them down. Like today. I parked next to another CS and watched them both. Owner never showed. It's so exciting to find another CS where I live- there aren't very many of them.

And one time a CS owner waited for ME to come out to my car so he could meet me. It was worth it to chat with another CS fanatic. I was impressed to be stalked by another CS owner. He was cute, too.

(My perfect man will own a '68 CS and '08 CS.)

Mustanglvr

My car is definitely a guy magnet. They never hesitate to ask what size engine. Alot of them ask me if "I" drive it with the 4 speed with Hurst shifter and they always shake their head when I say "yes". What is it with that? It`s not hard to do.
They always get this look like a deer in the headlights when I tell them that they`d more likely be struck by lightning then to see another one in person.
Women will tell me that it is "the car" they want and alot ask me if it`s for sale. I've noticed that some women will walk up and touch it, running their hands down the side, with a dreamy look on their face, when they think nobody is watching. The bagboys at the grocery store seem to like checking it out when they are putting groceries in the trunk. I love my car and it makes for very interesting conversation. I talked to a guy once who said he used to work at the plant in Milipitas and knew all the parts by their number. I wish I'd gotten his name, I did'nt know any better at the time.

P

PNewitt

Hmmm.....after over 450K miles, and 30 years, I'd have to say that based on MY experience, the exterior was the guy magnet, and the interior was the babe magnet!

(oh, the stories I could tell....)

LOL!!

Paul.