• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Undercarriage Detail And Restoration Ideas

68Fan

This could be the underside of my CS. I recently pulled the trans, drive shaft, exhaust, etc. and started scrubbin'. There had been a trans fluid leak from quite some time and the "gunk" as about an 1/8th of an inch thick from the manual down shift assm. back. Needless to say I spent many long hours under the car and now that the dirty job is done it's looking good.

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

68Fan said:
This could be the underside of my CS. I recently pulled the trans, drive shaft, exhaust, etc. and started scrubbin'. There had been a trans fluid leak from quite some time and the "gunk" as about an 1/8th of an inch thick from the manual down shift assm. back. Needless to say I spent many long hours under the car and now that the dirty job is done it's looking good.

You should post pictures of your undercarriage when you get a chance! I'd like to see before and after. I plan on posting my pictures soon. It's too cold to get out there and scrub that undercarriage.....

case12

what do you guys use to clean the underside, and what is the best way to remove undercoating (lots of it)? Casey

Last edited:
OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

case12 said:
you do you guys use to clean the underside, and what is the best way to remove undercoating (lots of it)? Casey

My Yellow HCS has tons of under coating too, I thought I'd use a hand grenade to remove mine...or just leave it alone. My green HCS is clean just needs to be scrubbed. There is a product named goo remove, goo begone...or goo off that may work. Sorry can't remember the name..I'm going to try some of that. Maybe someone knows a product that removes under coating...??

Perkchiro

Check out Eastwood's website. They make a product specifically for undercoating removal.