• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Gt/cs

JohnnyQuest515

WANTED GT/CS: needs to have factory power steering and power brakes.
Not looking for a project, something that needs very little.

Thanks, JQ

1968 California Special that I am ready to sale

I have a 1968 California Special that I am ready to sale. I wanted to take current photos but it rained all day here in Albuquerque. My asking price is $17,000.00.

I am the second owner. Early build – Serial Number 8R01T 141169

55452 Miles. As I am the second owner, I firmly believe this has only turned over once.

Marti Report. With parts available and clones so easy to make, many doubt the authenticity of this car. I have the Marti Report as proof. Additionally, I am the second owner of this car. There is zero doubt as to its authenticity. The first feature listed is California Special.

Rebuilt engine and transmission in 2004. Pony Carburetor rebuilt the one barrel carb in 2004.
Original black and orange license plates refurbished around the same time.

This car has been in the 35th anniversary at Charlotte Mote Speedway in North Carolina and the 40th anniversary at Nashville Superspeedway in Nashville, Tennessee. I’ve also shown it at Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pennsylvania. At all of these events, this car was the only six cylinder California Special.

Problems with the car. Few. The largest problem is its worn suspension. Complete suspension kits are available from $700.00 to $9,000.00, I figured I will let the new owner decide which route to go here. Other than that, it’s all cosmetic. A bubble, about the size of a dime is there on the front of the hood. Driver side door lock says locked and you have to work it a few times to get it to open. Driver side inside door panel is showing signs of wear. Wiper blades need replacing. Volt gauge on the instrument panel does not work . I should have replaced the wiring harness when I had the opportunity. The ex left this out in the sun and the carpet I install new is faded.

Enhancements. The only thing I changed is I installed a Pertronix Electronic Ignition.

Let me know.

Here are some pictures from June 2011. I can get more after the rain.

Attachments

• 2 - IMG_3613.jpg
    2 - IMG_3613.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 3 - IMG_3615.jpg
    3 - IMG_3615.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 1 IMG_3597.jpg
    1 IMG_3597.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 36