• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Bonnie and Clyde update

lnevill

The body is now completely stripped and on the rotisserie. Been working on getting rid of the Rhino lining on the inside where the mouse piss and standing water compromised the bond. Found the good old heat gun and scrapper to be the best process - nice sauna effect also.

Trying to decide what to do on the bottom which was also Rhino lined but appears to be bonded very well. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you guys think.... Should I remove the Rhino liner and subframes or leave the bottom as is and concentrate on the top? Perhaps apply a more "dealer like" undercoating over the existing Rhino liner? Other options/opinions are welcomed!!

I'm planning on building a very nice matching numbers driver, not a concourse car.

Thanks!
Lee

Attachments

• rhino 5.jpg
    rhino 5.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 61
  • rhino 4.jpg
    rhino 4.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 64
  • rhino 3.jpg
    rhino 3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 66
  • rhino 2.jpg
    rhino 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 61
  • rhino 1.jpg
    rhino 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 56

Ruppstang

It looks ok to me I would leave it. Were your side scoops ducted to the rear wheel wells?
I thought I could see where it entered the wheel well in one of your pictures.
Marty

x-codegtcs

+1. I can see the vents in two of the photos too. If the floors are solid, I would leave the coating in place for a driver.