• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1966 High Country Special Fastback in Aspen Gold

hicountrybob

I found this on eBay this morning. It looks like it's located in Atlanta, Georgia. I thought there were only two fastbacks made in the 1966 High Country Special: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281430349573

There is only 2 '66 fastbacks in the registry plus this one. CAN ANYONE MAKE OUT THE VIN NUMBER ON THIS CAR, please, and THE LORD ONLY knows how many '66 HCS fasbacks were produced or any other "66" fORD CAR OR TRUCK,. BOB TEETS HERE. Can anyone make out the vin????????? , THANKS,

66hcs-conv

Looking at the post on ebay and wondering what the "1 of 20" refers to?

Rare car.

Have fun, dave

OP
OP
Colorado Christlieb

Colorado Christlieb

I believe what they are referring to, is that there were only 20 Fastbacks models built in the 1966 HCS. I've only seen photographs of two, this one and another in Columbine Blue. There is a photo of one when the cars were delivered at the Denver Rail Yard in 1966. The photo is in black and white, so I'm not sure if one of these cars is in that photo. Bob Teets has two in his registry, and I believe this car is not currently in the registry, which would make a total of 3 known to exist.

hicountrybob

I believe what they are referring to, is that there were only 20 Fastbacks models built in the 1966 HCS. I've only seen photographs of two, this one and another in Columbine Blue. There is a photo of one when the cars were delivered at the Denver Rail Yard in 1966. The photo is in black and white, so I'm not sure if one of these cars is in that photo. Bob Teets has two in his registry, and I believe this car is not currently in the registry, which would make a total of 3 known to exist.

You got it. This makes 3 fastbacks in the registry. I do not know where this number 20 fastback statement came from. Can you share this info w/me and or post more info on this site about your source, if you would, please. Thanks, Bob Teets here in Denver at 303-424-3866. Thanks.

hicountrybob

You got it. This makes 3 fastbacks in the registry. I do not know where this number 20 fastback statement came from. Can you share this info w/me and or post more info on this site about your source, if you would, please. Thanks, Bob Teets here in Denver at 303-424-3866. Thanks.
Sorry, this fastback makes it number 4 in the registery

OP
OP
Colorado Christlieb

Colorado Christlieb

Bob, The 20 Fastback statement came from the site on eBay from the guy who is selling the current 1966 Fastback. You can ask him on eBay, or I can ask if you'd like. Up until this week, I've only known of one Fastback. --Jeff

BroadwayBlue

This site references 20 fastbacks as well. http://highcountrymustang.com/

Bob, I believe this site is run by 1966HCS (Stefan).
See this thread: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6366

The 20 reference is specifically on this page:
http://highcountrymustang.com/the-high-country-special-mustang

"In 1966, a very special promotional Mustang was produced to commemorate the Mountainous areas of the Rockies. These were sold through dealerships in Colorado and had special badges. These were the first cars in a line of limited edition (besides the Shelby’s) classic Mustangs used to further enhance the interest in their pony car. In fact, only 333 were made, approximately 39 Convertibles, 20 Fastbacks 2+2 and 274 Hardtops!!! Calculations are based on the fact that Ford produced 607,568 Mustangs in 1966 82.25% Coupes, 5.88% Fastbacks and 11.87% Convertibles."