• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Horn Problem

gtcs1

Hi,

My turn to seek help on electrical issue...

The horn ring when depressed does not activate the horn. I checked the horns themselves by connecting direct powers and both horns work fine.

So it's somewhere in between. Anyone has suggestion to expedite the troubleshooting ?

Thanks

Midnight Special

...Most likely some oxidation on the horn switch contacts located in the steering wheel. Remove the screws that secure the steering wheel pad to the wheel to access & see how it looks in there... Disconnect the battery before servicing the connections. I am working on cars today and will pull one of mine out to assist further (cuz I'm a little fuzzy on it) but I remember it being an easy fix...

J.Bart

while you have the swich exposed, you might want to test for power to the switch.