• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saddle Cruiser Console

Mosesatm

Does anyone have a picture of an installed saddle cruiser or humphugger cruiser full-length, overlay console they would be willing to post on this site?

I'm debating whether to buy a new base for my console or just cover it up with a saddle cruiser.

If I decide to restore the original I will be interested in buying an undamaged base in case anyone has one they want to sell.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer

p51

Mosesatm said:
Does anyone have a picture of an installed saddle cruiser or humphugger cruiser full-length, overlay console they would be willing to post on this site?

I'm debating whether to buy a new base for my console or just cover it up with a saddle cruiser.

If I decide to restore the original I will be interested in buying an undamaged base in case anyone has one they want to sell.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer
Here you go....

Attachments

• IMG_0275_scaled.jpg
    IMG_0275_scaled.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0277_scaled.jpg
    IMG_0277_scaled.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0279_scaled.jpg
    IMG_0279_scaled.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 36

68gt390

Arlie;
The strangest thing about these consoles is that most folks don't even know they are after market. I've had folks actually tell me they liked how Ford made these to fit the car. Little do they know. They are more functional than the original console.

Don

Attachments

• GTCS Interior.JPG
    GTCS Interior.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
  • GTCS Interior 2.JPG
    GTCS Interior 2.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Thanks guys. I really think that is the way to go, at least until I can find a perfect base for mine. I may eventually go with a '69 Mustang or a '68 Shelby console.

BroadwayBlue

Arlie,

I have the humphugger (shorter version).
Let me know if you want a picture of that.
I only went with the shorter for the cost savings (about $90 less).
Even though it was a Christmas gift from my wife. I told her I wanted the lesser one ... it's all the same pot of money :wink:

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

in the picture on the auction there is a black plate in the middle of the console. We used this spot to fabricate a aluminum plate for the NOS switches on my 66. I cannot tell you the amount of times people have looked in the car and said "Man, you got NNNAAWWWSSS on that thing?"