• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fire started in my garage with mt GT/CS in it

Diesel Donna

rvrtrash said:
I agree. I installed a smoke alarm in my shop that has an outside strobe light and siren. If a fire starts in there, the whole neighborhood will know it (tested it accidently when I pushed the button on the smoke alarm to test the battery). It cost about $150.00 but I thought it was well worth it.

Steve

Steve, Where did you get that kind of setup? Was it homemade or was it a kit that one can buy? Thanks.

~~~Donna

rvrtrash

It was kind of a kit. It took a bit to find the paperwork (I save every receipt, just like my cars) but it is a BRK smoke detector-model RM3 and an Edwards Signaling AdaptaBeacon-model 868STR(R)-N5 electronic horn/strobe. I had a friend who's an electrician get it for me from a electrical supply house.

Steve