• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Best place for interior parts

luisa2552

Hi all. I know this has been posted before, but this new site is still confusing to me. I'm getting ready to order the interior- carpets, door panels, dash pad etc. I've looked around at different sites and the prices on this stuff can vary by $20 or more! So are the $59 door panels the same as the $79 door panels? How do I know what I'm getting? Any suggestions?

Mosesatm

Sara, I did the same type of analysis and just about drove myself crazy since there didn’t seem to be any consistency or pattern to vendor’s prices. One vendor would be high on the seat covers but low on the seat foam. I couldn't find anyone who was low on everything.

Most of these operations seem to be small enough that they will respond to emails so you might want to send each a list of what you need, ask them who makes their stuff, and ask them to give you their best price for the entire package. It seems to me that a savvy vendor would want to supply the entire package even if it meant giving you free shipping or offering a little discount. Some even offer set packages but such packages make me nervous because I think the packages are probably made up of the cheapest parts the vendors can find.

I just installed the seat covers I ordered from Mustangs Unlimited and am quite pleased with them. The cheap hog ring pliers broke after the second seat but the covers are nice.

From what I've been able to figure out TMI makes most of the interior upholstery for Mustangs except for the dash pad. The dash pad should come from Dashes Unlimited but keep in mind that it will not look exactly like the original pad since it has a more pronounced grain. They are supposed to have original Ford tooling pads out shortly, if you want to wait. Of course who knows what “shortly” really means?

Something I looked at was going with the deluxe interior Comfortweave covers. Since my car is going to be a driver I thought they might be worth the extra money. I finally found a few vendors that supply the covers in aqua but all in all I figured it would be easier and quicker to go with the standard covers and switch to leather in a few years if I decide to keep the car. Since your interior is black it should be easy to get the Comfortweave sets if you want to go that route. By the way, there are some vendors who offer leather seat covers if you want to spend some serious money.

6t8-390gt

I used TMI upholstery for both of my cars and I am pleased with the fit, texture, etc. I also used a Just Dashes dash pad. I replaced the seat foam on both cars the first time I used American Cushion Industries from National Parts Depot and the second car I used the seat foam from Just Dashes. Both worked fine with the TMI interior. I did like the ACI better, but can't really explain why. Get yourself some good hog ring pliers, I used K-D Tools. I also went to a local upholstery shop to get my hog rings there is a difference there too. Good Luck.

rvrtrash

I use Year One for most of my stuff anymore, unless they don't have what I need. They are a little more expensive but I like the way I can send stuff back if it's not what I like or doesn't fit right without a hassle or restocking fee. I bought some CS script from them during my restoration and didn't use it (found some originals) and a year later they took it back with no questions.:thumb:
Steve

P

PNewitt

Would anyone know who makes the same, original, high quality type seat covers--but made out of (black) leather?

thanks,

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Paul, Ifound a website a few months ago that offered leather. I'll try to find it again and post it.

68sunlitgold

Here is what is included in Laurel Moutains kit, cost is $610.00:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Complete Upholstery Set (by TMI)
* Dash Pad (except 69-70) by Dashes Direct
* Carpet (by ACC)
* Kick Panel Carpet (PONY interior only)
* Underlayment (by Repops)
* Sill Plates with Tags
* Sunvisors (by TMI)
* Interior Screw Kits (by AMK)
* Kick Panels (65-68 only)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Door Panels (T.M.I. or Dashes Direct)
* Door Panel Clips
* Door Panel Cups & Inserts (65-66 PONY only) & 69-70
* Watershield Sets (vapor barrier behind door panels)
* Headliner (except Convertible) by TMI
* Arm Rest Pads (65-73) & Chrome Bases (65-66)
* Quarter Trim Upholstery (PONY, Deluxe & Conv. kits only)
* Windlace
* Add $28 for Fastback Folddown Carpet
[/FONT]

Doug

Mosesatm

I was going to use them for my seat covers and foam but they didn't reply to my email request for information. Not a good way to run a retail business.

68sunlitgold

Sorry to hear that, I never did any discussions with them only did the comparison of prices. I will keep that in mind when I do my convertible (it needs the entire interior).
Doug