• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Heater Core.

hookedtrout

Talk to me about heater cores. I've replaced my heater core 4 time in 10 years all while it's been in storage. Does the car sitting with antifreeze in the heater core cause it to rot and leak? I can't imagine that I've just been dang unlucky and got 4 bad cores. The core in it now is leaking and I'm about ready to just connect the hoses at the firewall and call it good as I have no luck with the cores lasting. Everyone of them has leaked within a year. I've got lifetime warranty cores but changing them yearly seems ridiculous to me. Should I try a different brand?

P.S. I've change the hoses a couple of times to make sure that isn't the issue either.

Leaking the green stuff on my floor mats again???

Hook

68sunlitgold

Hooked,
I would change brands, my coupe's heater core went out about 12 years ago and once I replaced it I have not had a problem with it and it sits for many months before I fire it up. At the time I purchased I believe was a NAPA brand core.

Doug

rvrtrash

Same thing here. I put a new heater core from NAPA in my XL convertible in 2000 and it's still solid. I only put 1,000 miles or so a year on it and it sits all winter.
Steve