• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Neil's GT/CS Sold

Mosesatm

Neil,
Congratulations on selling your car. The new owner is thrilled!

hatchdog

Cool!! Is the new owner going to join up? :grin:

Already did!:grin:

My name is Mike and I was born and raised in Spokane WA., lived here all my life. Currently live north of Spokane in the Deer Park area, about 20 miles north. I have no experience with classic cars and unfortunately other than basic tune up/fluid changes I also have no experience as a mechanic, body man or upholsterer.

I was looking at a local for sale California Special and in my internet research on CS cars I found Mosesatm's post where he had already looked at the car. I joined this forum in order to contact him to ask him his opinion. He couldn't have been more helpful even offering to look at the car with me. He also pointed me in the direction of franklinair's car that was for sale in North Carolina. My wife and I took a casual look at the local GT/CS and found it wasn't exactly what we were looking for. So I contacted Neil and he sent me a link to his expired eBay posting which had many great pictures of the car. The more we looked at the pictures and read Neil's description of the work he had done on the car the more we liked it. I made a quick trip back to NC, met with Neil and bought his car. It will be transported out west on an enclosed carrier, hopefully arriving in a couple of weeks from now.

In the meanwhile I have enjoyed reading many posts on this forum, in paticular Neil and Arlie's posts and feel like I know them already. Haven't met Arlie yet but when the car arrives we are going to get together for a ride.

Anyway, that's a brief history on me, I plan to be an active member on this site. But, I won't be able to offer any advice on these fine cars but I'm sure I will have lots of questions!:smile:

franklinair

The new owner is already a site member. Mike Blashill (hatchdog) recently joined. Mike & his wife live in Spokane, where the CS will have a new home. I'm sure they will enjoy it.
Many thanks to Arlie for the referral.

Neil

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Don't worry Mike, Steve (rvrtrash) and I will keep you running, and be sure to run any of Rob's ideas past us before you agree that anything!

Last edited:

robert campbell

Mike,
5 speed and 3.7 posi rear end!! Next will be a bigger cam and head change and long tube headers. Of course a hydraulic clutch!! Bit bigger carb and yaaaaaaa baaaabbbbbeee. We will bring that 289 to and easy 350 hp at the flywheel which will be a huge kick in the pants with the 5 speed and lower gears!!!

Rob "I like to spend other peoples money" Campbell

sam

Does this mean Neil is searching for another project ?

franklinair

1.) Mike; don't let these guys mess with my car. :icon_no:
2.) Sam; My next project CS is in the paint shop: J code, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/B.
It will be Black, Gold CS stripe, Deluxe Gold interior.
Now I have to start lighting a fire under the paint shop. I have a TON of new parts waiting for the car.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 30

TexAg

As another owner of a Neil car, welcome! I've had mine for five years now. You won't be disappointed. Neil does great work!

hatchdog

Mike,
5 speed and 3.7 posi rear end!! Next will be a bigger cam and head change and long tube headers. Of course a hydraulic clutch!! Bit bigger carb and yaaaaaaa baaaabbbbbeee. We will bring that 289 to and easy 350 hp at the flywheel which will be a huge kick in the pants with the 5 speed and lower gears!!!

Hey Rob, All great ideas, particularly the 5 speed. (I have read some earlier posts regarding your affection with 5 speeds:grin:) I'll give these mods some thought but must first run them thru Arlie and Steve as per instructions! Seriously, I have followed some of your threads on work in progress and I sure enjoyed the text and pictures. It's great to know that there are local resources available for help, I didn't know Washington State and Idaho were such California Special hotbeds. I do remember as a teen in the mid 70's cruising our local drag (Riverside Ave, AKA "the gut") seeing CS cars from time to time.

p51

1.) Mike; don't let these guys mess with my car. :icon_no:

Neil

I don't know Neil, while the car was relatively safe in NC, it's only ~300 miles from Bremerton to Spokane. That's getting awfully close to Rob... :grin:

franklinair

I may have to fly out to SEA and have a little chat with my 'son'.
(He DOES know how to cook a brisket.)

Neil :wink:

robert campbell

My Dad may find me in Spokane!!!I just received a complete Modern Drivelines 5 speed conversion for the 66 time capsule in my garage!! I will have pics in the a.m.!!

Yo son Rob!!!

DeadStang

My Dad may find me in Spokane!!!I just received a complete Modern Drivelines 5 speed conversion for the 66 time capsule in my garage!! I will have pics in the a.m.!!

Yo son Rob!!!

Sweet -- you can talk me thru the conversion on my '69! I started gutting the interior this weekend before it goes up on stands in the garage and I can't get in and out of the doors as well.

p51

Mike,

Mike, beware the dark side of the resto-force that Rob "Vadar" Campbell proposes :wink: :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gONQCIevSN0?start=37&end=55

robert campbell

Tab A goes into slot B!! All the stuff to convert a 66 auto Mustang into a 5 speed! $3,700.00 bucks from Modern Driveline if you are interested!

Rob

Ruppstang

Boy he is not even subtle any more! LOL
Before you know it you will be on you way to 500HP

68 special

Rob has never been subtle about helping others spend money!!!

He has the best of intentions, he just gets a little excited. LOL

Bret