• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

One Owner has 8 GT/CSs in the Bay Area--all for sale

P

PNewitt

I was talking to a vendor at the Mustang show last weekend, and (since he saw my GT/CS shirt) was told that someone in the Bay Area (Calif.) owns 8 GT/CSs, and would like ot sell all of them at once for $100k.

At this time, it's not confirmed, but I'm going to be giving my contact a call in about a week to see what is the story; the condition of the cars, engine/trans type, etc.

This may be a small gold mine for some of you. I don't know more than this right now...but I will post what I find out soon.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any potential buyers. I'm not sure if the owner wants to sell one or two here and there--I'll find out.

More coming as I find out about it. When I do--I may go there, and make a detailed report, VINs, condition, photos, etc.

Stay tuned.
Paul N.

yukon

I am very interested...

... in some or all depending on the details. $$$ not a problem; please keep me informed.

Yukon

hicountrybob

I was talking to a vendor at the Mustang show last weekend, and (since he saw my GT/CS shirt) was told that someone in the Bay Area (Calif.) owns 8 GT/CSs, and would like ot sell all of them at once for $100k.

At this time, it's not confirmed, but I'm going to be giving my contact a call in about a week to see what is the story; the condition of the cars, engine/trans type, etc.

This may be a small gold mine for some of you. I don't know more than this right now...but I will post what I find out soon.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any potential buyers. I'm not sure if the owner wants to sell one or two here and there--I'll find out.

More coming as I find out about it. When I do--I may go there, and make a detailed report, VINs, condition, photos, etc.

Stay tuned.
Paul N.

Now, for the rest of the story, but just in a different end of Cal. Paul. my friend and yours also, Ernie Gonzales in Poway, California (very close to San Diego) called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that he was selling his collection of HCS and CAL. SPECIALS. Included are 2 "68 HCS cars (including my first ever, a deluxe int. C code that I sold to him years ago and he was still driving it 'til this past year and a half). He also has 6 Cal. Sp. and 1 reg. coupe, for a total of 9 cars. There are no 6 bangers, but 1 Cal Sp. is a "J" code and the rest are "C" codes. 1 car has AC, many have PDB, PS and consoles. I've visit Ernie and his wife twice over the past few years and have seen all these cars . For the most part, they are non rusty and not smashed, but mostly complete and very restorable. He also has a large "TUFT SHED" building that when one opens the door, you would think the stuff would be tumbling out on your head ie. consoles, s/s wheels, trim rings, center caps, scoops, Lucas stuff, spoiler lids, end caps, grills, trim stuff, gas caps, you name it, it's in there. At this time, Ernie wishes to sell EVERYTHING, shed contents included to 1 party, for a figure near $70,000, maybe plus and he said he would negoiate. Be aware that he was offered 50, said NO, same party came back at 60, NO again. He doesn't want to hear how much your shipping would be or what your storage situation may or may not be, or how much it will cost to restore these cars. Believe me, he knows and he knows their value and knows what the market is on them today. I've offered to buy my old HCS from him but right now it's all or nothing. Please be NICE to him 'cause HE is very courtous, low key and a complete gentleman. NOW FOR HIS PHONE NUMBERS. Home 858-748-6512 and Cell 858-518-6697. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT. good luck, someone. Oh, if only I was younger. P.S. Many, maybe all of these cars are in Paul N. '89 and/or '95 book. Hicountry Bob Teets here.

joedls

I'd be interested if I had storage space. Anyone in Southern CA have storage space available for a percentage?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Meanwhile, over in the Bay Area....

I asked my contact about getting a ph. number today, and was told to check back on Friday. He knows the cousin of the owner.

I'll get a look at these cars, take some pics if I have time, and then report back to everyone, possibly with photos.

If the Owner is OK with it--I'll post his number for anyone to call (if they are serious).

Stay Tuned,

Paul.

yukon

Gentlemen,

Appreciate the update on Poway. Paul, also very interested in what you learn in the bay area. I'm more interested in the cars themselves vs. cars plus parts but will follow-up on both. Feel free to msg or email me directly.

Regards,
Yukon

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I got a call from my contact today, and he left me a number of the owner.

I tried to call the owner--no response tonight, but I'll keep trying to see if I have his permission to leave his number here on this thread.

Sorry for the delay--but third party situations like this, you know, take a while.

I'll post the info ASAP.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I got a hold of the second contact today. He says that it's a friend of a friend that owns, not 8, but 10 GT/CSs. and he said something about San Diego...

He said that it was a 72 yr old gentleman that owns them....

So, now, I'm wondering if this friend-of-a-friend is really Ernie.

But--I was told that these cars have been parked outside, and that they need paint and probably new interiors.

I'm supposed to get back with this second contact on Sunday. I'll then let you all know what the deal is--in better detail., and where they are.

This is like a video game, and I'm at level two! Geesch!!

Stay tuned. I'll ask if I can post a phone number, info, etc... I'd at least like ot get the VIN info on these cars.

Paul N.

hicountrybob

I got a hold of the second contact today. He says that it's a friend of a friend that owns, not 8, but 10 GT/CSs. and he said something about San Diego...

He said that it was a 72 yr old gentleman that owns them....

So, now, I'm wondering if this friend-of-a-friend is really Ernie.

But--I was told that these cars have been parked outside, and that they need paint and probably new interiors.

I'm supposed to get back with this second contact on Sunday. I'll then let you all know what the deal is--in better detail., and where they are.

This is like a video game, and I'm at level two! Geesch!!

Stay tuned. I'll ask if I can post a phone number, info, etc... I'd at least like ot get the VIN info on these cars.

Paul N.
Paul, I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that these leads will send us to and are owned by Ernie Gonzales in Poway, which is only minutes from San Diego. He WAS entertaining offers for all or none. I just called him (10:15 Denver time) and my message went into his recorder. I, too, will post any news (and/or) status change from Ernie when he calls back tonight or tomorrow. FYI, his home # is 1-858-748-6512 and feel wecome to call him. Bob Teets here.