• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The Happy Place you drive your GT/CS to.

P

PNewitt

You must have a special place that you drive your GT/CS to....that is, a lonely road, or that big oak tree, a favorite drive in or diner, or on a highway so you can let'r rip...

Tell us your favorite place that you take your CS to....
Where it makes your world all at peace...and you can get back to yourself....

Where you can park, stand and lean on the fender, and cross your arms and look out at the sunset...

Where is that place for you?

Paul N.

Doug

I love driving my car when I drop off the kids to school. I think it’s because it’s their time; or maybe because it reminds me of when I was growing up. Or maybe it’s because I just like driving it in the cool fresh morning hours.

Mustang1

From Fort Bragg to Pismo Beach south along the Highway 1 in California. This is some of the best scenery and drive for me. The roads are curvy and over looking the ocean, you may catch a perfect sunset driving along this road. Make a stop at Bodega Bay, Half Moon Bay, or Morro Bay and you got yourself
one heck of a sunset to see. I've taken many pictures along this road and it truly is a breath taking pleasure to behold. This is where I can be free and just leave my troubles behind for a few hours of driving pleasure. Just me and my Stang, listening to that engine roar as I shift into each gear winding down on that curvy highway. Really takes me back to my youth.

green56

my trip is driving out of the subdivison go thru the downtown Milwaukee and the drive along Lake Michgain and park alone lake drive and watch the sail boats out on the water and watch them playing vollyball

PFSlim

I enjoy driving my kids to school or to events. The smile on their faces when we pull up and other kids are looking at the car and pointing. They close the door and walk away, then look back and smile big with a wave. Then when they get home, they tell me about how the other kids really liked the car and thought it was cool.

Also just like picking up pizza with my daughter. She likes to go and watch people give the thumbs up or honk horns.

Paul

66hcs-conv

Hi gang,

We live right outside Rocky Montain National Park in Colorado. So my favorite drive is into the park, where we always see elk and sometimes big horn sheep, can see Longs Peak (14,000+ feet) and the whole front range. Its about 75 degress today and humidity in the single digits . . . . I hear the Mustang calling me . . . I gotta go.

Have fun! Dave

case12

You guys are probably going to hate me for saying this.....but I honestly get out a folding chair in the garage, prop my feet up on something, with a cold drink in my hand, and just look at my GT/CS......sometimes I then fall asleep. That is my favorite spot:icon_wink . (and, yes, I do drive it around too:tongue: ). Casey

karolscali

funny just had it yesterday, up here in canada the leaves on the trees are a changing and it is just beautiful, so i drove my gt/cs out to my cabin at the lake, it is still warm enough during the day to take in the fresh air, listen to some cool tunes enjoy the sound of my car and wish i could do this more.
ps my time is limited to drive as the white stuff will be upon us

sam

I have a 30 mile run that has a small stretch of highway (where I can bring her up to 65 - 70mph), and the rest is mainly country winding back road. The drive is in southern NH and threads through scenic farm / horse country.
This time of year is especially scenic as we drive past apple orchards and farm stands that are all decked out for Fall. All my kids (who are grown up now) as well as my wife are familiar with what we call "the Stang run."
One of the most favored rituals is to stop at a country store early in the AM on a Saturday or Sunday and have a breakfast sandwhich on one of the benches in the town common. Typical New England.
After owning my car for 12 years, I can say I still get excited and feel blessed to own a great example of a vintage Mustang.

Sam

1968cal

I have to agree with Mustang 1 There is no other beautiful drive than down the california coast on Hwy. 1 Especialy in Monterey on the 17 mile drive. You have the Pacific ocean on one side and the beautiful golf links of monterey on the other. It will definitely take your mind off the road !!!
A must drive road. Steve.:cool:

OUR P51

I agree w/ JBART, my CS is my happy place. CASE12 I do something similar, sometimes I just go into the garage and say a prayer of thanks to Lord Jesus for blessing me with my beautiful wife, kids, home and our GT/CS Convertible.
Favorite drives, home from work, when I pick up my special needs daughter and step on it onto the 101 on ramp. She laughs out loud and says "I love that noise!"

Attachments

• OURP51.jpg
    OURP51.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 27

mustangj

I enjoy just getting in the car, getting out a map and just driving until I decide to turn around and go home. Also, I haven't done this yet but I plan on heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway to drive and look at the leaves changing colors.

GT/CS S Code

It's tough to pick just one particular place ....!

Well, it's tough to say that there is ONE particular place to be in our GT/CS that is more enjoyable than others.
:undecided
I enjoy cruising down to any of our local A&W restaurants for a "hot rod" burger lunch with my wife Laurie, as they were one of the original "drive in" style fast food places that I grew up with as a kid, and they still support and encourage hot rodders with "cruise night" events at their locations. Some of the other restaurant patrons have come over and complimented us on our car, which is such a great feeling when others appreciate the efforts we've put into this car to date.
:smile:
I also enjoy driving our car out to the South Vancouver Island Rangers, one of my local gun clubs, and parking it under the big tree in front of Trap number 2, as that is where I met my wife Laurie in 1998 and then married her under that same tree on the club grounds one year later .... with our GT/CS as the wedding car!
I love driving our Mustang out onto any of our local highways, because when the car gets up to speed the rumble of the exhaust makes some mighty sweet music, to the point that I don't even bother to turn on the stereo as I'd rather listen to that wonderful burble of the exhaust instead.
Sometimes its just nice to be washing our car in the driveway and having neighbours or even complete strangers walk by and compliment us or ask what kind of Mustang it is.
It is just plain fun to have the privledge of owning this car and being able to enjoy the use of it anywhere .... and I'm sure that a lot of the other folks on this forum feel the same way!
:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 14

galic73

there is no one happy place for me , everywhere i go with my cs i am happy, i don't drive mine as a daily driver so i look forward to driving it anytime i can. Sometimes i come home from work and go into the garage turn the radio on and wipe down the whole car (even thow the car is already clean!!). This car is no doubt the best mustang i have ever owned , I am always getting compliments on this car and that also makes me happy. So my happy place i would have to say is anywhere i am in my cs.

L8GR868

Down the old stretch of route 66 along the lake where large trees hang over the road. Wonder what it use to be like when people use have to travel that narrow road.