• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Questioning Adding a Hood Scoop?

Canuck CSter

shaker hood scoop would be sweet the mach1 they brought back few years ago had one and i think the billet did not sure tho do some searching you might find a aftermarket shaker

I seen a shaker on the new body style a couples months back, It looked awsome. My buddy the ford guy says theres a kit for such an application.

That and the light/roll bar would be on my wish list if I hade a vert.

hotrodgrany

Thanks!

The part was $210 off PartsCheap.com plus $13 shipping. Then to have it painted and installed at a local body shop was $200. Grand total of $423. BTW, although I didn't do a lot of price shopping on the install, I checked with two local Ford dealers and they would have wanted a lot more for each the part and the install. The local body shop had no problem matching the paint perfectly so a body shop is the way to go, plus they sent me home with a bottle of touch up paint.

BTW, the "GT Appearance package costs $475, so I did good. All I need now is the plenum cover to make it complete and they go for around $70.

Glad I kept it stock because it matches the side scoops perfectly. Seeing the scoop while driving doesn't bother me at all - took about 10 minutes to get used to seeing it and now I don't notice it.

You mean this:before and after on my 07 GT/CS

Attachments

• decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 010.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 010.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
  • decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 009.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 009.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT1199-1.JPG
    PICT1199-1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 15

hotrodgrany

The hood scoop is a separate option from the CS package. Its part of another package called the "GT Appearance Package".
Thanks, but no thanks, that is why I ask the sales rep search for one with out hood scoop, saw close up when they first came out, not that impressed, and yes that is correct and they also came with the engine intake cover and as you can see I had it put on mine.It's your baby and you have a awsome one, and enjoy your as I do.

OP
OP
J

Jenstang

Thanks, but no thanks, that is why I ask the sales rep search for one with out hood scoop, saw close up when they first came out, not that impressed, and yes that is correct and they also came with the engine intake cover and as you can see I had it put on mine.It's your baby and you have a awsome one, and enjoy your as I do.

Your ride will definately be more unique without one. And, the pictures I've found on this site of the original '68 GT/CS and parts list do not have the hood scoop, so I pictured many folks here would vote not to add it.

For me at first I was happy that the car I found didn't have one because I thought that would have been too much of a muscle look for me. Then, as I had the car for a while, I decided the hood needed something and I thought stripes?, diff hood? or scoop? I'd pretty much decided on the OEM scoop by the time I started this thread. I'm really happy that I think it helps the side scoops show up more, and adds more vista blue color to my vert.

Enjoy your awesome ride too!

Z28ZL1

Put my hood scoop on yesterday. Got it prepainted for $270. from Atlanta
Mustangs. Looks great. Also got my plenum engine cover from Ebay for
$54.00. Simple bolt on. See my gallery for pics.

Z28ZL1

No, Xenon hood scoop. If you're looking to add body styling in the future,
search Atlanta Mustangs, they have a lot of stuff, i.e., side scoops, hood scoops, rear/front chin spoilers all prepainted and delivered to your door.

jk89cat

ok guys and girls, this is a very close issue to me. as i deal with the stuff on a regular basis, i am roush/motorsport/voretech dealer thru my dealership and run into this on a regular basis , i dont like the ford scoop as its too small for the hood. the roush sits better and looks more aggresive. i have sold 3 of the roush roll bar for the converatble and looks very nice installed. the engien cover if you use the frpp cross brace it will have to be removed as it will not clear the cover. the roush panels do come prepainted. and the cost is better than the ford. if you guys and girls want anything i sell motorsport/roush for jobber and oe ford for 10% over cost . my shop email is justin@sesslerford.com just metion where you saw me! justin