• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Monthly Error and CS mention

68sunlitgold

I just got my June 06 Mustang Monthly and as usual start reading it cover to cover. As I was looking over the "Pony Express, Readers Feedback, Opinions, and Advice", I noticed a question a reader asked about the '68 Shelby. He was wondering "if there was ever a '68 Shelby coupe or were they all fastbacks?" Well Mustang Monthly replied: " The '68 Shelbys were either fastbacks or convertibles,no coupes. There was a '67 coupe prototype, but it was never offered as a regular Shelby. However, that coupe was used as the basis for the '68 California Special, which had the Shelby sidescoops and rear-end styling."

The error here is they forgot about the '68 "Green Hornet".

The article is on page 14.

Doug

Attachments

• GH1.jpg
    GH1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 31

Mustanglvr

You`re right Doug,the Green Hornet was Shelby Automotive`s second Shelby coupe prototype. Little Red was the 67 they are talking about.

marie68csmustangs

Well, I was looking in my Standard Catalog Of Mustangs and for '68 Shelbys were Made in both fastback and convertable. There was mention of a notchback prototype being made - I don't know if That's the Green Hornet. I don't know if it's the same as the Green EXP500?

Marie

p51

marie68csmustangs said:
Well, I was looking in my Standard Catalog Of Mustangs and for '68 Shelbys were Made in both fastback and convertable. There was mention of a notchback prototype being made - I don't know if That's the Green Hornet. I don't know if it's the same as the Green EXP500?

Marie
I think that the Green EXP500 is the same car as the Green Hornet. Got this pic off the web. Not sure when the photo was taken so I'm not sure how accurate the info in the caption is (at this time)...

Attachments

• Green-Hornet-04_edited.jpg
    Green-Hornet-04_edited.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 34

mmarsalone

You know, I don't think there was technically an error. They simply did not say anything about the Green Hornet. But as we all know, Little Red was the inspiration for the California Special. I read the article too and actually made note that they goy it right.

Mustanglvr

mmarsalone said:
You know, I don't think there was technically an error. They simply did not say anything about the Green Hornet. But as we all know, Little Red was the inspiration for the California Special. I read the article too and actually made note that they goy it right.

The guy did ask specifically if there was a "68" Shelby coupe. They should have remembered the Green Hornet.

Mustanglvr

p51 said:
I think that the Green EXP500 is the same car as the Green Hornet. Got this pic off the web. Not sure when the photo was taken so I'm not sure how accurate the info in the caption is (at this time)...

Yep, the Green Hornet is the EXP500. Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• fendergreenhornet.jpg
    fendergreenhornet.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 24
  • photo%20(1)%20copy%20(11).jpg
    photo%20(1)%20copy%20(11).jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 27
  • photo%20(1)%20copy%20(17)greenhornet.jpg
    photo%20(1)%20copy%20(17)greenhornet.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo%20(1)%20copy%20(4)greenhornet428CJ.jpg
    photo%20(1)%20copy%20(4)greenhornet428CJ.jpg