• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Is this special

I have beautiful 68 for sale and i was under the impression that is was a GT/CS because that is what my dad always told me. Now i am beginning to wonder if this is just a 68 GT coupe that i have on my hands. Can anyone take a look and let me know. Did they ever make a GT/CS without the shelby back?
Reply with email address so i can send a pic.\
Thanks, matt

darb

Matt,

First - do a visual of the vehicle. Does it look like the cars in the gallery? From a standpoint you should see:

Side scoops on either side
Fiberglass trunklid with a small "spoler" in it
Shelby rear end with thunderbird tail lights
Blacked out front grill w/ Lucas or Marchal fog lights

Your car should ONLY be a coupe - and should also have a stripe running down either side that has GT/CS cut out on the scoops.

If the car is still in good shape - the curisve script of California Special will be mounted on either side of rear fender.

You can also send the VIN number in for a Marti Report (Click Vin Reports on this website).

-Brad

Send Pictures: darbb@aol.com

Or post them on the website