• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 gt and X-code?

Bluestang

Did X-code 390 motors come with chrome valve covers, air cleaner lid, and oil filler cap? Also check out my reply #14 in the X-code discussion, on 390 gt pricing. Once I put it in there I tried to use it as another topic, but couldn't figure out how to move it. Hope I am not to far off base. I value other opinions. Thank you.

lwlw

Our x-code is also in the registry
It has Chrome valve covers, air cleaner cover and oil filler cover. The valve covers are not the original and we are having a very difficult time finding a set.

68sunlitgold

Bluestang,
from all the info I can find, they are not standard, but are put on when the GT option was added. Don't bet the farm on that though.
Doug

x-codegtcs

The X-code came with the chrome kit IF it was a GT. There are only 5 (i think) registered at this time. Mine is not a GT and has the standard valve covers and air filter.

As for the people looking for the original style, any junk yard with a 390 should have the blue "powered by ford" valve covers readily available. Good luck on the air cleaner though.