• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Misc, Paint Questions ??

nfrntau

1. Are the dials on the guage faces supposed to be
flourescent Orange or
flourescent Red?

2. Engine compartment black, I'm considering Eastwood engine compartment black paint, has anyone experience with this product? Is it the correct stuff as they claim?

3. Does anyone know the correct paint and code for the standard black interior, dash, doors and pillars?

P

PNewitt

Actually, it's a flourescent red, with a hint of orange. Model master (scale model paint) makes a red flourescent type paint in a small bottle. It works just fine.

I really like the Eastwood black. I find it as the best texture of black ever found.

All I know about that is that that black has tiny flecks of metallic in it. Someone out there should have this in cans for restorers.

Paul.

Perkchiro

I've used Eastwood products and have been very pleased. I've used the underhood Black in the engine compartment and it's worked very well. It's available in spray cans or for sprayers. The interior black that I've used is a metalic black that goes on the dash panel and steering column areas. It's available from National Parts Depo. The product # is AP-4464.