• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Emergency Lights

franklinair

I promised Bob Teets that I would check as to why the rear emerg. lights did not work on his car. (Front Emerg. lights worked OK, as did all Turn Signal & Brake lights) All lights worked normally (EXCEPT the rear Emerg lights when the Emerg Flasher was turned on).
I've checked my wiring diagram:
1.) L & R brake light ckts go thru connector 14401 (ckt#s 5 & 9) which is the same path for the turn signal voltages from the Turn Signal Switch when activated. And since the Brake & Turn Signals lights work OK, I've eliminated the connector as the culprit.
2.) Power for the Emerg light Flasher comes off the fuse block (ckt# 383) to the Emerg Flasher and continues to the Turn Signal Switch (ckt# 385).

I believe the problem is the Turn Signal Switch (contacts), but I'd like a 2nd or 3rd opinion, as the switches are kinda pricey ($95+/-).

All help/opinions welcome.

Neil

rvrtrash

I would do two things. First, if you move (jiggle to some) the turn signal lever, do the rear emergency lights work? If so, it's the TS switch. Second, do they work if you unplug the brake light switch? If so, replace the brake light switch. Other than that, I'd put a meter on each wire and see what I had and go from there.

Steve

hicountrybob

I promised Bob Teets that I would check as to why the rear emerg. lights did not work on his car. (Front Emerg. lights worked OK, as did all Turn Signal & Brake lights) All lights worked normally (EXCEPT the rear Emerg lights when the Emerg Flasher was turned on).
I've checked my wiring diagram:
1.) L & R brake light ckts go thru connector 14401 (ckt#s 5 & 9) which is the same path for the turn signal voltages from the Turn Signal Switch when activated. And since the Brake & Turn Signals lights work OK, I've eliminated the connector as the culprit.
2.) Power for the Emerg light Flasher comes off the fuse block (ckt# 383) to the Emerg Flasher and continues to the Turn Signal Switch (ckt# 385).

I believe the problem is the Turn Signal Switch (contacts), but I'd like a 2nd or 3rd opinion, as the switches are kinda pricey ($95+/-).

All help/opinions welcome.

Neil

Thanks, Neil. I'll have my WIRE guy ck. it out.

hicountrybob

I would do two things. First, if you move (jiggle to some) the turn signal lever, do the rear emergency lights work? If so, it's the TS switch. Second, do they work if you unplug the brake light switch? If so, replace the brake light switch. Other than that, I'd put a meter on each wire and see what I had and go from there.

Steve

Steve, thank you, also. I'll print both of your evals for my guy and let you know what the hot skinny is on this.