• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Salmon fishing & Grouse hunting this weekend!

GT/CS S Code

My store's staff fishing trip was this past weekend, and Laurie and I drove up to Port Renfrew to be a part of it. (About a 2 hour drive north-west of Victoria) Laurie went out fishing for salmon on one of the store's boats and I took Jake, our German Short Haired Pointer, out for a hike to see if we could find a grouse up in the logging slashes.
Laurie caught the biggest fish for her boat (a 24 pounder) while Jake and I put up 3 Grouse. Jake was so exhausted from it all that when I stopped for a coffee break about mid-day he curled up in the dirt right on the logging road and had a snooze. He turned 11 in June and is getting old and slow (like his Dad), but he lives to hunt birds.
We all had a good time to say the least ...
(And Jake is laying on the living room floor having another snooze as I write this)
:grin:
Here are a few photos from the trip:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/Reverend_Al/Port Renfrew 2011/
The video clip is a shot of one of our local harbour seals, who are notorious for trailing the boats and stealing your fish right off the line!

hookedtrout

Looks like a wonderful time and the dog definitely looks a little beat in a few of the pictures.

Squeak and I have been out trying our luck for elk the past few weekends but it's like mid summer here not the fall rut. Typically this time of year the trees are turning from a few frosty nights and fall is creeping in, this year it's all green and there are still mountain flowers in bloom and it's been 65 degrees at 0430 when we hit the hills? We did see a pine hen and I flung a chicken arrow at it but my aim wasn't true enough.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

green56

Salmon fishing

WE were out on lake michigan this past Sat for 6hrs came back with 15 salmon their were 5 menMy son cought 4 I caught 3 the other 3 men cought 8 between them one fish was 15lb 3 of them were about 5lb t6he rest was about 3 to 4 lbs water was to warm it was 65 it is better when it is 50 to55 would go out again that was the 2nd time out