• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

History 999 report vs CAC report

bindiman99

I have conctacted Ford twice now and finally got the information that I was looking for because at this time I cannot afford the Marti report. The first time I called I asked for a CAC report and I recieved one a couple of weeks later. Which was a basic vin decode. I called again a couple months later and explained that I was looking for all options that my car came with and the customer service rep told me that I was supposed to ask for a History 999 report in order to get that information. So the good news is I do now have a documented numbers matching California Special (drive train). I hope that this will help anyone looking for Ford Motor Company documentation on there car.
;D

JOHN

Calspecialdreamer

Bindiman

Same thing happened to me on my "regular" mustangs. Girl could never get my info right on my 68 coupe and on my 78 Ghia she sent a report for a 66 falcon! I must have spent 10 minutes with her on the phone, then I get a basic decode on a Falcon! Seems some of the people answering the phones weren't even familiar with the 999! Live and learn......Persistence does pay off!