• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

marti report paint code

CS68

I have received multiple call from marti about my car they said that my car had a special paint and they are requesting a chip from my paint, but if you have seen the gallery I recently painted my car, I will send them a chip again, I send one and they never got it. even when I painted my car the trunk is still the original paint, what do you think, from what I know my color paint is I which is lime gold but may have something special the code for the paint or ford number was 2041-a. thank you

rvrtrash

2041-A is Medium Lime Metallic and your door code for paint should be "I". It was used from '67-'70, according to my Ford MPC. Does your door plate have a 4 digit number after the 2 digit DSO, as in 72 XXXX? The 4 digit extension means something on the car was ordered outside the realm of usual options. Sometimes when they use this for special paint, they'll leave the door paint code blank. Hope this helps you out some.
Steve

OP
OP
C

CS68

my code is "I" and I told that to marti but he said that when I provide them with the vin number it kind of says something about a special paint

Mosesatm

What is your DSO number? Does it have the extra 4 digits Steve mentioned?

OP
OP
C

CS68

I don't have the dso number, I guess because I did not order the deluxe report but I will order it but the people from marti told me that they need a chip of the paint before they can do more.

rvrtrash

CS68 said:
I don't have the dso number QUOTE]

If you look on the plate rivited to the doorjam of the driver's door you'll see two lines of stamped numbers with wording under them. The top line will be the VIN and the second line will have Trans, Axle, Trim, Date, etc. and will have a number for the DSO. These numbers are a wealth of information on the basic components of your car and if you would like to post them for us (we don't really need the last 6 numbers of your VIN at this time) I'm sure myself or someone else here would be happy to decode it for you.
Steve