• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What color of side stripes?

my68cs

I'm trying to do the registry and it has the question about what color the side stripes are. The question is that I don't know what color the side stripes
are with an original paint color of tahoe turquoise. There wasn't any side stripes on the car when I bought it. I don't have a Marti report either. Thanks a bunch!!!:grin:

Mustanglvr

There may be remnants of the stripes still in the crevices around the side scoops. You really should get a Marti report. Are you sure its a true GT/CS?

miller511

If it's any help, I have a Tahoe Turquoise CS and it came with white stripes. What color is your interior? Don't know if interior color (light/dark) in any way determined what color stripes were used. Paul N? Any insight on this?
...Could have had black stripes I suppose.

Mustanglvr

He has pics in his gallery. It has a nice black interior. It looks like a real GT/CS with the right grill and hood locks (minus one bracket) and all. I don`t see any fog lights though.

miller511

Too bad that you can't determine the stripe color from the Marti report.

OP
OP
M

my68cs

I don't know if I could find any remainings of the stripes at all. It has been painted again and its in pretty bad shape. No it doesn't have any fog lights but if somebody has some Marchal for sale semi-cheap I might be interested. They were already gone when I got the car. I'm pretty sure its a true GT/CS because the guy I bought it from did some research on it but that doesn't mean much these days. Plus. It was sitting in a barn for twenty years, which
it shows, so I doubt anybody did something to it.

I'm also trying to figure out what you mean by "minus one bracket" Rhonda? I'm still kinda new at this.

Thanks for all your help!!! If there is anything else just let me know!

rvrtrash

Get a Marti report or the 999/CAC report from Ford, which is free. My Marti says "Red paint stripe" and the 999 says "Red accent stripe". Mine is White w/red interior so the red stripe matches.

Steve

P

PNewitt

A quick look at the registry shows all Tahoe Turquoise cars had white stripes.
My chart also shows white stripes for TT only, too. (R168078's body color is a typo--it's red).

I bet if you took the side scoop screens off, and peeled up the black backing material (if it isn't already old and flaky), you'd find a bit of old (white) stripe. They folded over the stripes on the scoop first, then applied the black vinyl, then the screen. I have a theory that they attached the finished scoops first, then applied the rest of the stripes on the car, to run forward from the scoop.

If anyone has an original TT paint code GT/CS with black stripes, please respond (and include a photo, if possible).

In most cases, the stripe colors corresponded with the interior color, and were similar to the "C" stripe specs for the GT and Sprint.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

my68cs said:
I'm also trying to figure out what you mean by "minus one bracket" Rhonda? I'm still kinda new at this.

From the engine picture in your gallery, I did`nt see the hood lock retainer/bracket bolted on the radiator support on the right, but now I think I see it.:smile: