• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Side scoop screen

Bluestang

Were the side scoop inlet metal screens chrome, or painted to match the car? My car has the screens painted to match the car. I can't find a good photo on the web sight to make it clear to me. I am hoping they were chome. It would look really sharp if they were chrome. Thanks, Kimball

GTCSMustang

Here's what the service replacements look like. And originals installed.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00895.JPG
    DSC00895.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00896.JPG
    DSC00896.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00897.JPG
    DSC00897.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00898.JPG
    DSC00898.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00899.JPG
    DSC00899.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00900.JPG
    DSC00900.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 36

CALIF GIRL

I am under the impression the black "liner" behind the aluminum screens are not available.

OP
OP
Bluestang

Bluestang

Thank you, that helps alot. I think I will drill the rivits out and clean them up. Maybe I will polish them. Thank you, Kimball

hicountrybob

Were the side scoop inlet metal screens chrome, or painted to match the car? My car has the screens painted to match the car. I can't find a good photo on the web sight to make it clear to me. I am hoping they were chome. It would look really sharp if they were chrome. Thanks, Kimball

I have the black "liner" for you. Send your address and I'll mail you a pair. Bob Teets here.

68P51

Does anyone know where to get this liner, or what to make it out of? Paul's book says it is vinyl. I guess that can be purchased at a sign shop. Does anyone know how thick?

Powell

If you pm me your address I can send you some of the emgraving vinyl that you can cut to fit. Powell

68P51

Thank you for the offer. Before I saw your message I purchased a roll of “premium vinyl” from Walmart. So far I’ve made one too big and one too small but have plenty of material still to work with.

franklinair

Alternate non concourse method:
1.)Just paint the recessed area Black, then install the Argent screen.(The vinyl is superfluous and holds moisture, IMHO)
2.)Use S/M screws to secure the screen instead of pop rivets. (Less chance of cracking, easier to R&R)

Neil