• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS Mustang

MoonHawk

They look similar, but something is off. Not sure what.....maybe it will come to me later. As far as I know Ford has not yet licensed anyone to reproduce the GT/CS stripes...Even the dealerships are having a hard time finding out if there will be different colors available or even ordering specialty items for the CS.

Mosesatm said:
Here are some stripes on eBay. I wonder if they really are "Ford Licensed" as the seller states.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...tegoryZ50447QQihZ014QQitemZ330006730709QQrdZ1

hotrodgrany

PFSlim said:
Have you guys posted pictures of your new GT/CS's on this site??

Paul
Yes, check them out, be my guest.....Here'e my Black Beauty

Attachments

• 2004 Mustang GT-2007 California Special 044.JPG
    2004 Mustang GT-2007 California Special 044.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 37

hotrodgrany

MoonHawk said:
They look similar, but something is off. Not sure what.....maybe it will come to me later. As far as I know Ford has not yet licensed anyone to reproduce the GT/CS stripes...Even the dealerships are having a hard time finding out if there will be different colors available or even ordering specialty items for the CS.
Yes there are, but had Bob White make some like this but don't fade out like the new stripes, much like the the older model do,and will post picture as soon as I can get them on, hopfully this week.I have said before, on the black 07's the side stripping is nearly black and you rely cant see it. Take a look at mine, and you will know what I am saying.Bob White is affiliated with Ford and has been in the detailing business for 30 yrs. You can always check his site out at www.bobwhitedecals.com.

case12

Great pics. Well Done! You should be very proud! For me, that is the way to go with a new GT/CS. I have seen a few here at dealers, and the stripe is so subtle it cannot even be seen - my wife even acknowledges that the stripe needs to be more bold (and she is not the flashy type). You have done an awesome job of creating the connection between the old and the new - I love it. I can't think of a single thing you left out.....Casey

5280gtcs

case12 said:
You have done an awesome job of creating the connection between the old and the new - I love it. I can't think of a single thing you left out.....Casey

.... Fog lamps, but I may have to wait for the '08 BULLITT grille to rectify that!

Pat

hotrodgrany

PFSlim said:
Have you guys posted pictures of your new GT/CS's on this site??

Paul
This gal has, just check them out, but not done adding to, and always update when I can. Hay I love black for color and waiting to get the side stripes replaced, from what you can hardly see those that came on this black one, to reflective white/silver and it didn't come with engine intake cover and having that put on as well.See what I mean!!!!!

Attachments

• 2004 Mustang GT-2007 California Special 005.JPG
    2004 Mustang GT-2007 California Special 005.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 33

Mustanger

Black is Cool ...

hotrodgrany said:
This gal has, just check them out, but not done adding to, and always update when I can. Hay I love black for color and waiting to get the side stripes replaced, from what you can hardly see those that came on this black one, to reflective white/silver and it didn't come with engine intake cover and having that put on as well.See what I mean!!!!!

I agree with you, I also love black on Mustangs ... I'm eager to see your car with the new stripes soon ...

Russ

I'm a true fanatic for the new Mustang GT, and if you have ever taken a drive in one with a five speed and 300 hp engine, you will come away impressed, to say the least. I have driven my son-in-law's 2005 GT, and the performance of this car is almost scarey. Now, add on the GT/CS package on the 2007 model and add 25 hp to the motor, and one has an incredibly fast car with great looks.

The add-ons of the GT/CS follw the same pattern of our 1968 cars, and when you calculate the $1800 cost of the 2007 CS package, it is actually a better value than when the CS package was offered in 1968. In 1968 the base coupe was around $2800 and the CS package was around $195, while the base price of a 2007 GT is around $27,000 and the CS package is $1800......so the CS option is about the same percentage of the total price of the vehicle. The difference between the '68 and 2007 CS is that the 2007 GT has a killer sound system, a super hi-performance motor, excellent brakes and looks that defy description. The Mustang has come a long way since 1968, and while I love my classic CS, a new CS would be a great car to own.

Just my thoughts,
Russ

hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany said:
Well here is the after picture, I got them on as well as the engine intake cover

Attachments

• PICT1284.JPG
    PICT1284.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
  • decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 010.JPG
    decals 0n 2007 California Special-engine intake cover 010.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 42

04Retro

Hi folks--I'm currently window shopping an 07 GT/CS....and yes I firmly believe in replacing the black on black stripe--just wish Ford would do it at the factory to keep the car 'factory correct'...oh well. My question for the board is: Where are folks getting the silver stripes--I love the looks of the black GT/CS above and the link to the blue GT/CS with the full stripe treatment-especially that rear facia stripe...I've been to the Bob White site and looked around--can't see a listing for the GT/CS decals--anyone care (or willing) to share their source?

Thanks!!

hotrodgrany

04Retro said:
Hi folks--I'm currently window shopping an 07 GT/CS....and yes I firmly believe in replacing the black on black stripe--just wish Ford would do it at the factory to keep the car 'factory correct'...oh well. My question for the board is: Where are folks getting the silver stripes--I love the looks of the black GT/CS above and the link to the blue GT/CS with the full stripe treatment-especially that rear facia stripe...I've been to the Bob White site and looked around--can't see a listing for the GT/CS decals--anyone care (or willing) to share their source?

Thanks!!
I had Bob White do these for me, and as soon as I get pictures he can use, he will post them on his web page at bobwhitedecals.com. I would email him at Bobwhite@bobwhitedecals.com and make sure you tell him that Kathy sent you . Make sure you say you want the decals for the 2007 GT/CS Mustang. If there is any problem I will email him and let him know you may be interested in these. He is also designing the stripes that go above the the top of the trunk lid like the picture of the new blue GT/CS. Hope this will help.

Last edited:

04Retro

Another request to the 07 group--- While I've seen all the colors on dealer lots--taking a detailed look for more then a few seconds at a time becomes impossible with the buzz of irritating salesman.........thus unable to really 'look' and study aka compare and contrast.

Anyone out there with a set of interior pics of the 2 interior color options and what exterior color they have...

Thanks

Mustanglvr

04Retro said:
Another request to the 07 group--- While I've seen all the colors on dealer lots--taking a detailed look for more then a few seconds at a time becomes impossible with the buzz of irritating salesman.........thus unable to really 'look' and study aka compare and contrast.

Anyone out there with a set of interior pics of the 2 interior color options and what exterior color they have...

Thanks

Check the listings on Ebay for the new 07 GT/CS`s. You might find some good interior photos that way. There are some links on the left side of this page.