• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2009 Carlisle Pictures and Info

BroadwayBlue

Hey everybody!

I apologize for taking a month to post an update on this year's Carlisle weekend - things have been busy at home and work.

The weather for Saturday and Sunday was great this year. Friday it rained most of the day.

We had a good turnout of late model GT/CS cars.
I believe we had close to 10 that were parked in the GT/CS class area and I saw a number of other late model CS cars in other areas as well.

The turnout for the 68 GT/CS and HCS cars was way down this year. Due to numerous reasons, some unexpected and avoidable, we were down at least 5-6 cars on the showfield. We ended up with only 2 cars on the showfield, mine and a couple from Maryland. I'm glad they showed up!!

I'm hoping this doesn't jeopardize us having the class next year.

It was great to see Tom's (hcsstang) and Joel's (JGFRANCK) HCS and GT/CS in the invitational building. They looked great under the lights and had a prominent spot right in the middle of it all. Congratulations to both of you!

Congratulations to the winners on the show field as well.

The 2007+ Class Winners were:
1st - Dave Haas (2008)
2nd - Skip Deroiser (2007)
3rd - Ray Williams (2007)

The 1968 Winners were:
1st - Rich DiMarino
2nd - Richard and Vicky Rinkerman
3rd - Dave Spencer*

*I'm not sure how Dave pulled that off since he wasn't able to get his car there due to trailer problems. I haven't heard back how that happened yet. I'm assuming he used his GT/CS admission to get into the show so they assumed he was there.

It was great as always to meet up with some owners in person and to meet new ones.

There were 3-4 1968 GT/CS cars for sale. Most were asking in the high $20,000's I believe. Tom can probably verify that for me.

Between my nephew and I we took about 700 pictures. I narrowed it down to 450 :cool:
There are some great shots of the 2010 Mustang, including one Ford had up on it's side and also the 2010 Taurus SHO and the new Raptor.

Here is the link to the full gallery
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/8814859_a7gmx/1/583806997_NbqaV

If you want an abridged version - here is a gallery of just GT/CS and HCS cars.
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/8819756_gPMFy/1/584141746_fWW2c

I've also attached the winner's list and what the trophies looked like.

Looking forward to seeing more cars next year and hopefully continue to have our own class at this huge show with over 1200 Mustangs plus other Fords.

Take Care!!

Attachments

• DSC_7113 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_7113 - Copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_7118 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_7118 - Copy.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 28

teamlo

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting them. I found one of my '68 GT Coupe in there! My cousin was driving it out of the fairgrounds and back to the hotel, I believe it was Saturday evening.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting them. I found one of my '68 GT Coupe in there! My cousin was driving it out of the fairgrounds and back to the hotel, I believe it was Saturday evening.

Glad you like them and glad your car was in there!

Yes it would have been later in the day on Saturday when I was taking pictures of cars heading out.