• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saddle Interior Help

68MustangHCS

My HCS has the standard Saddle interior. Some of the interior was changed. My interior code is 2F. Can someone describe the colors of seatbelts, carpet, dash pad, steering wheel, and wheel pad?

I want to make sure my colors are matching and if you have photos or comments please make them here or email me at kirkpatris@ec.rr.com ....Thanks

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

I see two types of Saddle carpet listed...dark saddle and light saddle....what is factory ...or original...correct?

Mosesatm

Here is a picure of a saddle interior in a yellow HCS. I can't vouch for its accuracy. It's from a car I was looking to purchase at one time.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=0#msg14876 date=1128220053]
Here is a picure of a saddle interior in a yellow HCS. I can't vouch for its accuracy. It's from a car I was looking to purchase at one time.
[/quote]

Here is another

Last edited:

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=0#msg14877 date=1128220089]
[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=0#msg14876 date=1128220053]
[/quote]

Here is another

And one more
[/quote]

Last edited:
OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

These pictures you posted are of my car's interior. I just bought the car in NJ last week. I'm missing one window crank knob. I think the steering wheel may be wrong, carpet is wrong I think, and seat belts are black and may need to be saddle color? I have a black dash, and wasn't sure if the dash is the right color either. If anyone knows the right color combinations, please let me know. Thanks...

Mustanglvr

I have saddle interior in my GT/CS. When I got my car it was in the middle of being put back to the original saddle from a black interior. In the trunk was the saddle colored carpeting for it. I`m pretty sure the dash is supposed to be black and the seatbelts could have been originally black too. Seatbelts have been discussed here on the site before and some people say that alot of interiors had black belts even though the seats and all were a different color. The steering wheel and post, headliner, door panels, console and sunvisors were all saddle. The metal part of the dash should be painted saddle brown, also the metal on the inside of the doors and the panels in the back seat area. Hope this helps. :)Rhonda

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

So I should have a saddle steering wheel, saddle carpet, door panels, window knobs, dash, dash pad black, seat belts black...Ok..Thanks

Mosesatm

Didn't a handful of '68 Shelbys have Saddle interiors. If so, I wonder if some Shelby website might have a picture that might help.

Restore

The dash is suppose to be a chocolate Brown. I do not believe anybody repop's it at least they didn't 15 years ago when I restored mine. (got a used one in hemmings). The seat belts are the regular saddle color.

Mosesatm

NPD has a dark saddle in both a paint and a vinyl dye #5801. Maybe that is the correct color for the dash.

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

My dash seems original, and the shelby's all seem to have the black dash with the saddle interior. I haven't seen a Chocolate brown dash anywhere yet.

Mosesatm

It could be that the chocolate darkens over time due to the sun. My aqua dash seemed to be black until I removed it and looked at the underside in the light. It really was dark aqua!

Mosesatm

If it's parked outside for 20 years I'll bet it won't be the same top and bottom, nor will the steering wheel pad.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2189;start=15#msg15345 date=1129174703]
If it's parked outside for 20 years I'll bet it won't be the same top and bottom, nor will the steering wheel pad.
[/quote]

agreed

mine never sat outside per the original owner