• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Fog lamps on ebay

Mosesatm

Be careful with those black-backed lights since they are not the correct lights for a GT/CS or HCS.

Those lights are from the late '70s and they are driving lights (clear lenses) instead of fog lights. I'm also pretty sure that they will not thread into the special GT/CS pipe-nut-bolt-thingies so the only way to make them work is to use the little chrome Shelby pedestals, or somehow make your own pipe-nut-bolt-thingies. Sometimes a holllow elongated super doohickey will work but good luck finding a pair of those in good shape!

nfrntau

What a quincidence, I happen to have a perfect specimen of a hollow elongated super doohickey on hand.
Let me know if I can be of any help

OP
OP
heliaster

heliaster

Thanks, they didn't look right to me either but I'm not super familiar with the details of the fog lamps. It's nice getting the almost gt/cs components up here because they tend to picked apart really well.

-Z

hicountrybob

Be careful with those black-backed lights since they are not the correct lights for a GT/CS or HCS.

Those lights are from the late '70s and they are driving lights (clear lenses) instead of fog lights. I'm also pretty sure that they will not thread into the special GT/CS pipe-nut-bolt-thingies so the only way to make them work is to use the little chrome Shelby pedestals, or somehow make your own pipe-nut-bolt-thingies. Sometimes a holllow elongated super doohickey will work but good luck finding a pair of those in good shape!
"Be careful" is right on, Moses. Run from these lamps. Don't go there!! Bob here.

Timmknz

What about?

Hey folks, as long as we are into a discussion about the fog lamps, is there an authentic Lucas cover that came with these, and are there any "fakies" out there as well?
Thanks
Tim

Mosesatm

Hey folks, as long as we are into a discussion about the fog lamps, is there an authentic Lucas cover that came with these, and are there any "fakies" out there as well?
Thanks
Tim

These are the correct covers. There's almost always a set on eBay for around $120. I think repros are being made but can't swear to that. In fact, the ones on eBay may even be repros.

Attachments

• Lucas Cover.jpg
    Lucas Cover.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 13