• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anybody have pics of Little Red and Green Hornet?

66 Dearborn HCS

I've seen b/w pics of Little Red, but NEVER :'( seen the hornet car. Anybody have pics they can post or send to me? Or anyone have a link to pics? ???

68sunlitgold

66 Dearborn HCS,
I have a BW picture of the Green Hornet from Mustang Monthly.
Doug

Attachments

• greenhornet.jpg
    greenhornet.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 32

68sunlitgold

I got this one from a post Talon423 did back in Feb 04
Doug

Attachments

• lr-gh_a.jpg
    lr-gh_a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 27

The Shelby American magazine had an article on the Green Hornet. If you are interested in a copy e-mail me directly. calfulfam@aol.com

Scott

That guys car looks pretty cool.(the one that admin put a link to) But I can't believe he wouldn't spend the money for orginal fiberglass, or accurate reproductions.

I researched and wrote both the Mustang Monthly--and Shelby American articles on the Green Hornet.

Quite a car, and MM considered the GH as the top restored Mustang for that year.

Paul.

Who would want to see the build specs for Lil Red, and the Green Hornet??

It would take about a week to compile it.

Paul.

coralsnake

The "green Hornet" is an interesting car. I don't debate it is a prototype, but I think it is debatable it was a Shelby. It would have been the only one built in Dearborn during the 68 model year and the only one that didn't say "SHELBY UNIT" on the build sheet.

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=coralsnake link=board=1;threadid=700;start=0#msg3849 date=1070241398]
The "green Hornet" is an interesting car. I don't debate it is a prototype, but I think it is debatable it was a Shelby. It would have been the only one built in Dearborn during the 68 model year and the only one that didn't say "SHELBY UNIT" on the build sheet.
[/quote]

The significance, AFAIK, is that Shelby designed it as a potential production unit, like Little Red. That's why I think that SAAC would even consider it.

coralsnake

I guess I would want to see some something from SHELBY that desiginates as a SHELBY. Has anyone seen that ?

2 time

Does anyone know what emblem is on the C-pillar of Lil' Red? I know that GH had the Cobra Snake and Cobra spelled out in one emblem, but I have no clue on LR as a pic I have is too far away.

Thanks
Ernie

2 time

I thought LR was a GT500 with double paxtons or am I thinking of GH. I have a B&W of LR with a caption below listing this info.. :)

ernie

Talan423

ernie-
i just looked at both of my pics and noticed something... the "mustang card" that i referred to in the last post is a clone of the lil red owned by a guy named al holstein of california. he has it as Gt 350. but then i looked at my art drawing (shown earlier in this thread) it is a GT 500. i just opened my 1988 gt/cs registry book and there is the same car (holstein car) on page 25. it says that the clone is a 351, whereas the original was a 428 paxton. there are actual b&w pitures of the lil red on pg. 8 of the 1988 registry. i don't have a scanner, so i can't post them. sorry about the 350-500 mix-up.

talan423

2 time

Hey no problem; you did confirm what I was thinking though. I am currently working a a LR project of my own and now have an idea of what to put on the C-pillar.

Ernie

2 time

Not many pics yet. As a matter of fact the engine just got started lastnight. Unfortunately my 4100 is toast and I ordered a 525 Road Demon should be here in the next day or so. Basically the car was just transformed from a very well option 6 Cyl. automatic with drum brakes to a well optioned nasty 302 automatic with disc brakes. I'm starting the qtr, trunk and tail light panel work next month. I need to find a host for pics, I think I saw something about this on my yahoo account.

Upper and Lower Console
Power Steering
Exterior Decor Package
Air Conditioning

Have purchased some items to start interior change over to deluxe.

Have purchased nearly everything needed to for Shelby look from the quarters back.

Have purchased everything needed for the front end except the hood and nose piece.

Wheels are not even on the warmer yet.

Ernie