• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Original Paint GT/CS For Sale

GTCSMustang

Well, it’s finally time to get serious about selling my GT/CS. I have decided to try to sell it here, before pursuing other options.

I purchased this car from the second owner who had owned it since the very early 1970’s. I have only owned the car since March 7th, 2006, but a recent car purchase necessitates the sale of the GT/CS.

I have the Deluxe Marti Report for the car that has the following information:

VIN – 8RO1C157162

Highland Green Paint
Nugget Gold Standard Bucket Seats
2.79 Standard Axle Ratio
C-4 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
Los Angeles DSO

Options include:
California Special
C-4 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
F70X14 Wide Oval Tires
White Sidewall Nylon Tires
Power Steering
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Deluxe Belts
Deluxe Wheel Covers

Produced on April 4th, 1968, twelve days ahead of schedule.

The car is in very, very good condition throughout. An original black-plate California car that has never ventured far from the selling dealership in Corona California. Adult owned since new. The car still retains all of its original Highland Green paint, original interior and drivetrain. There is not a speck of rust anywhere on the car. All original car. Runs great and drives great. I have the original owners manual and the temporary owner card from the original owner. The car could use a good cleaning, but requires no repairs. It has 58,xxx miles on it (it has not turned over). The driver’s side seat has a tear in it, but no other damage to the interior. The second owner installed a radio under the original (as you can see in the pictures), and put two speakers under the rear package tray. No cutting of any original sheet metal was done, and the car could easily be returned to original. This car (based on its build date) would have originally come with Marchal fog lights. I can see the marks on the brackets where they were originally installed. As you can see, the fog lights currently on the car are not the Lucas lights. They are however, lights that were available through Ford dealers as accessory items. The second owner said they were on there when he bought the car in the early 1970’s. I don’t know if the dealership was out of Lucas lights, or if the owner just preferred the round ones that are on the car. But I’d bet they’ve been on there since nearly day-one.

If you are interested in the car, please call me at (760) 371-4466 before 10:00 pm PST. E-mailing me is not a good way to get in touch with me.

The price of the car is $22,500.

I hope to get the car out this weekend and take some additional pictures of it.

Thanks for looking.

Scott Fuller
Ridgecrest, California

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 79

390cs68rcode

I would like to tell anyone reading this a little about Scott the seller.

I have purchased 2 cars from Scott and can 100% vouch for his integrity. If he states something in his description, it is true. He has a HUGE passion for finding nice original cars. He is not the type of peRSON who tries to cover up anything. He is as honest as they come.

If I were looking for another CS like this one I would not hesitate to buy this from Scott. If I were looking for this car the money would have already been in Scott's pocket.

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Jason,

Thanks for the endorsement. I appreciate your comments.

Casey,

I forgot about the horse on the grill. Not sure why that's there, but it was there when I bought it, so I left it there. I'd have removed it if I was keeping the car.

Scott

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

The car has been sold. Sorry. Got a 6000-mile 1986 GT convertible though. Car is brand new.