• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Heater Core Replacement

darb

For those of you that have done this before:

I've removed my heater core because it was leaking, and I'm replacing it with a new one that I ordered. The old heater core had rubber foam running around it, but they are brittle and very old - the new one doesn't come with any.

Curious to know if anyone has any idea where to buy the foam, how much it will cost, alternative ideas, anything will be helpful.

Thank You,
Brad

Calspecialdreamer

Brad,
I would rather put the trim back in, but people have used window and door trim. I wouldn't. Most any mustang retailer should have it. I use www.Mustangsunlimited.com because they ship the same day. Karmustangs.com is a little higher, but they are VERY helpful explaining steps to fix something. Good luck....

68sunlitgold

darb,
Like CalGTCSdramer stated, almost all Mustang parts dealers sell them, it is called a heater core gasket set. You can also find them on ebay, just make sure you get it with or without A/C, whichever you have on your car and they sell for under $10. It is more than just one piece of foam but I am not sure of everything that comes in it.

Doug