• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

California Special in my garage!

Greg

Car looks great, congrats!

PS- what is that white stuff on the ground? I thought it was cold here at 64 today.

Mosesatm

Man you guys are tough I have been on the Shelby Forum and the Boss 302 Registry and we welcome new members we don't get our guard up when someone new comes around! I have been restoring Mustangs for 20 years so yeah I know the hood pins were wrong and that someone put in a 67 GT grille.But as you can see that is just how it was found. But you wanted the pics so0000. Does anyone know any other California Special sites I could find some info.

Actually, the '67 grille is good news since that is what was originally used on the California Specials (with a few modifications). Are the fog lights hooked into the original GT/CS fog light supports?

It's a great looking car, and being an X-code it's quite rare. Good luck with it, and don't be afraid to ask questions. We all continue to learn about these cars.

karolscali

another gt/cs in alta

hey spoiler where in alberta are you in? glad to see another gt/cs in alta i am around the edmonton area. my gt/cs is in about the same shape also, missing some parts. right now i have the interior completly out, and i am starting assembly, leave a message if you have any questions, and yes i got to get some pictures up in the gallery.

karolscali

mosesatm it is friggin cold

in alta we just came off a week of -40 c at nite with a windchill close to -50c when it is this cold the farenheit and celcuis scale is about the same. how cold is it? the tires on your car feel and sound like blocks of ice, when driving.i am jealous that you guys can drive your gt/cs almost year round, but winter is good for restoration time,

John McGilvary

Thanks guys I am working on the picture thing ,Yes John it was darn cold up here I had a heck of a time getting the C/S on and off the trailer since it hasn't ran for so long I didn't want to try to start it. Were in Alberta were you born? That is an awesome car you have a Cobra Jet -C/S and an original owner WOW! that is cool, how many of those were built ?

I was born in Raymond and I have relitives running around all over the place up there.
There were 3 CS/CJ's, and 9 HCS/CJ's built.
Where are you from in Alta. ?

John

rvrtrash

I have been on... the Boss 302 Registry... Does anyone know any other California Special sites I could find some info.

I get on that site also, though not as often as here. I think this is about it for CS sites. Of course, once I found this one, I stopped looking. Stick around, it'll be fine.

Steve

BroadwayBlue

Man you guys are tough I have been on the Shelby Forum and the Boss 302 Registry and we welcome new members we don't get our guard up when someone new comes around! I have been restoring Mustangs for 20 years so yeah I know the hood pins were wrong and that someone put in a 67 GT grille.But as you can see that is just how it was found. But you wanted the pics so0000. Does anyone know any other California Special sites I could find some info.

Hey Spoiler,

Welcome and good luck with your CS.

Don't take it the wrong way. Stick around you'll see we're a very welcoming bunch.

We also look out for anyone purchasing a CS to make sure it's the real deal. It is not that difficult to clone a CS and that's why the Marti Report is so important. We always recommend it prior to purchase.

We've had people purchase what they thought was a CS and after getting the Marti found out it wasn't. We're just looking out for you. It's in no way an attack on your or your Mustang knowledge.

We do our best to spread the word and get the CORRECT info our there on these cars. To this day articles get printed in magazines that are not always accurate. We just want our cars represented correctly and we want owners - new and old to make sure they are getting the real deal if that's what they expected.

We even find out new things every so often that adds to the legacy.

You've come to "THE" California Special site. We now have a number of late model CS owners as well.

Someone was just looking out for you and we always point out things to watch for ... without the Marti we always point out the potential clone and how to identify it.

Before I bought my CS I came here posted pics and info and everyone told me more than I ever thought I would need to know about a CS and told me what to look for as far a cloning but that the Marti would confirm for me ... which it eventually did.
I've been hooked ever since. It's a great bunch of people here and a wealth of knowledge that everyone is willing to share.

I've had people even send me extra parts for nothing!!! We help each other out in many different ways.

You look like you have a nice and rare GT/CS there. Good luck and we looooove pictures so keep them coming!!!! :cool:

our special

Hello Spoiler, welcome to the site. I have been a member of the site since 2002, and I must say there is a good bunch of people here with a lot of knowledge. I have spoken with most of the group on line and even had the pleasure of meeting some face to face in sunny California.

Regarding the the Gallery photos, mine are still on the original Gallery page and I haven't gotten around to moving them to the "new" site. ( two fingers aswell)

BTW, did I mention that I am in Canada also. I'm as far East as you can poke a stick, so you know where that is.

Hang around and enjoy the site,
Dave

franklinair

Hiya, Spoiler;
You'll grow to love this site. Good folks, and a wealth of information (and opinions!). I too have been repairing, restoring Mustangs since the 70's. But this is my first C/S. 68's have always been my favorite year, and the mechanics are the same for this model. But to learn the specifics of a C/S or HCS - this is the place. Everyone is very helpful. Last summer there was a gathering of C/S & HCS enthusiasts in CA that was GREAT. If you can manage the trip this year, you'll see some cars to die for! (not to mention the great folks you'll meet)

Neil Hoppe (on the other side of the world- in North Carolina)

wally05

There are a lot of good folks here, don't take it personally. :) They are just looking out for you. Get plenty of pics!

Doug

I am still using comments about my car from this site that were made prior to my buying it to correct some older mistakes. Most of these guys "really" know their stuff and are just trying to protect new owners (and old) and their cars.

Gotha love the knowledge and passion.