• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - One of our own has passed away

P

PNewitt

Just as a point of information, here is the data about Jay's GT/CS:

VIN: 8RO1C152375
Data Plate: 65A, B, 2A, 19C, 71, 2, W

Original Dealer: Burch Ford, La Habra, CA

Marchals, Attached reflector, Styled Steel-painted wheels (non-GT), no vinyl top, Disc brakes, P/S, rear bumper guards only, remote driver's mirror, lower console, AM radio, and A/C.

This CS has never been registered before. I have a copy of the Marti Report, too, as well as photos on a CD.

I hope to present this info in a respectful manner, in the memory of Jay's love for his very special Mustang. He went to great lengths to send me this information, which is greatly appreciated. This information will be in the book as well.

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

Wow, Burch Ford....that was right down the street from where I worked when I started to restore my car and I went there every week to buy a part with my company fleet discount.

Stacey Enderle

Rest in Peace Jay

I'm struggling with how to make this very shocking and horrible announcement, so I will just be brief...

On February 21, 2007 Jason Wieder died in a car accident while driving his GT/CS. Many of you knew him as Jayscal, an active and long time member here on the forums. His car is featured in May on the CS.com wall calendar.

I was contacted by one of his good friends a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to post anything until getting permission from Jason's wife.

Although most of us may never meet I like to think of this group as good friends, and I know this is very hard news to hear. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm deeply sadden of this terrible tragedy. Please extend my condolences of the loss of our fellow mustanger to his family. Rest in Peace Jay, we all miss you dearly.

Stacey

PFSlim

I thought it would be a good time to bring this thread back up front since this was Jay's month in the calendar.

Paul

Perkchiro

Good of you to think of it Paul. I am looking at Jay's car right now and what a beautiful car it is!! It looks like he took good care of it. The pride of ownership shows.

hotrodgrany

In many ways big and small
Jay has changed our world
and left it a better place,
and touched too many hearts
to ever be forgotten.
May we all find confort in knowing
that many share our sadness.
My husbands and my heart goes out to the family.

Skychief

I don't write very often, but I read as often as I can. I was surprised reading of Jay's passing bothered me as much as it did. I had been a "lurker" for a long time before we finished our GT/CS and I felt comfortable with writing for the first time. I feel like I kind of know each of you from what you write about and how passionate we are about our cars and lots of other things. Allot of what I do is to try to make peoples worst day better. What I get from this site is that you all make my day a little bit better. So I guess that is why Jay's passing hit the way it did. One of the people that make my days better is gone, can't be replaced and is missed. I changed the calendar to Jay's month this morning......and thought how his wife, family, co-workers and friends must miss him. I feel that one measure of a persons life is how and who they are remembered by. To know that Jay touched people’s lives close to him as well as this extended family says volumes about him. I hope that wherever Jay is that his California Special is with him and that one day his wife, family and friends are all reunited.

Ken

Diesel Donna

California Specials DO go to heaven with their owners!

Thinking of you today Jason ...CS of the month!

Midnight Special

...I thought I would bring this over from the "Dare I ask..." thread.

Attachments

• attj.jpeg
    attj.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 63

rvrtrash

I would like to suggest that we make Jay's car the "Car of the Month" on the front page of the website as well, in memorium.

Steve

Mustanglvr

Sounds like a great idea.
I am also hoping there will be permanent memorial for Jay somewhere on the site.

Mosesatm

Sounds like a great idea.
I am also hoping there will be permanent memorial for Jay somewhere on the site.

Great idea, Rhonda.

Out of courtesy to his wife it might be nice to get her blessing for that.

somethingspecial

When I got the call today, I was in shock. I never had the privilage to talk, or chat with Jason, but his moniker and avitar are known to me. I felt, with heavy heart, like I had lost a close friend or family member. Last year, my wife and I, held the August BBQ at our home for the proud owners of the GT/CS. We didn't care if the car was running or not, If not, Get here anyways. Well, We quickly learned the members of this site, and outside of the site, are some of the best people we have ever met. We quickly became a family, and will be proud to get with them again. Jason, We never met, but I know you see these words, May you enjoy the ride, as you were doing on that fateful night, and I will see you later my friend and brother. We will save a place for you at the table this August. Our deepest sympathy to your family. Mike and Robinette Jewell.

I just spoke with Midnight Special about the upcoming GT/CS-HCS BBQ, and Tim is organizing a series of Fly-Byes with his pilot buddies. I suggested a Missing Man Formation in Honor of Jason, as he is always in our thoughts, and will be missed at the BBQ. As I said above, there will be a place for him at the BBQ. Your thoughts please. Mike

joedls

I just spoke with Midnight Special about the upcoming GT/CS-HCS BBQ, and Tim is organizing a series of Fly-Byes with his pilot buddies. I suggested a Missing Man Formation in Honor of Jason, as he is always in our thoughts, and will be missed at the BBQ. As I said above, there will be a place for him at the BBQ. Your thoughts please. Mike

I think that's a great way to remember Jay. You're very thoughtful.

Midnight Special

...This whole fly-by business got started when I wanted to see about getting a few aerial pictues of the BBQ to augment the many ground (and orchard ladder) shots we had last year. All to round out what will be another historic event thanks to Mike & Robinette... So I approached a pilot "buddy" to get one airplane and upon telling him about "the largest gathering of GT/CSs since '68", he became excited & gathered his whole formation group!! So now we have practically a complete airshow to go with the BBQ! ;-O I PMed Mike with the developments & he fired right back with the idea of the Missing Man tribute to Jay.

We'll have a total of four fly-bys to include diamond, V-pattern and Echelon followed by the "Missing Man"... My hope is that we could get someone to speak of our group solidarity, Jay and significance of this gathering - and record it from the ground to make available to all of us. In addition; I have another pilot pal who has a WWII AT-6 I will request to take pics of the formation flying over the event, then the event itself. I will then post those pics, plus have available in large format for all of you to enjoy.

If all goes to plan - this can be a great thing to submit to a magazine! The tribute to Jay and our "Special" group prominent over "just more cars"...