• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Card Board headliner hold downs under package tray?

miller511

Hi all,

Let me preface this post with "Yes, I can make and/or find something that will work for this."

But, being the AR guy that I am, does anyone know where I might purchase the two cardboard pieces (~7.25" long x ~.625" wide x ~.25" thick) that hold down the headliner in the back lower corners (under the package tray)?

Thanks, Jeff

Mosesatm

That is some very strange material. Mine broke into pieces when I remove my headliner so I cut down some stirring sticks.

Have you looked into what's included in the Mustang vendor's "Headliner Installation Kits". That's the only place I can think of. If you are a wrecking yard kind of guy you could probably get some from a yard for almost nothing.

PFSlim

I don't think it would come with the Headliner Installation Kit, but I am only guessing. I could not figure it out either and went straight to local Mustang Shop to see if I could get help. In the end, our interior guy that covered our seats and installed our headliner made something at the shop.

That might be another place to look. If you have a piece, go by a auto interior place and see if they have something like it. If not, go by anyway because my bet is that they would have something.

Paul

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Arlie/Paul,

Thanks for the info.

Luckily, I had one of the old ones that was in a couple of pieces, but measureable. The other one was gone

I was also thinking that taking paint stirring sticks and cutting them down to size would work. they are about the right thickness.

Also, the cardboard pieces were not included in my headliner kit. I ran over to Mustangs Plus and they don't have them.

-Jeff